PDA

View Full Version : reloader b Q

nirvana1234
09-23-2004, 04:13 PM
is the reloader b really worth the extra money??? i want to get some sort of halo either a halo b, halo b w/ rip drive, or a reloader b(not really a halo but u know wat i mean) wat does the rip drive do???

paintballer187
09-23-2004, 04:28 PM
The rip drive allows you to preload balls in the feedneck, usefull when you're just going to put a few balls over th chrono. It also allows you to continue to use your hopper if your batteries die. In my opinion the reloader b is worth the extra money. I say this for one reason, it doesn't have eyes to clean. It may seem like a small thing but if you ever have got paint on your eyes in a normal halo and found it giving you the jammed signal you know what I mean. Get the reloader b and you will be happy.

WenULiVeUdiE
09-23-2004, 05:14 PM
If you read the description, it says sound activated with eyes as a backup. but I dont see this everywhere, so I'mnot sure.

paintballer187
09-23-2004, 06:44 PM
WenULiVeUdiE - What you read was a misprint, reloader bs do not have back up eyes.

ilikePB
09-24-2004, 08:52 PM
I would recommend the Reloader B. I had a Z code Halo and the Reloader B is ssooooo much faster. Plus I like the fact that it's sound activated, no worries about eyes getting dirty.

REDRT
09-24-2004, 10:04 PM
I have a victory board in my Halo B. Pretty fast! Rip drive is also nice to take the preset off the stack of balls when taking the Halo off the gun. With a Level 10 mag there is very little to worry about when it come to paint in the eyes of a Halo. Anything else it happens, thus the rip to make it through game. I've used the halo all season without any problems except the hopper door breaking. The Halo B is a nice unit, in fact I have two now.

paintballer187
09-24-2004, 10:51 PM
I have had a halo with every code there is and a v-35 boarded halo, none of them were as nice as a reloader b. Getting paint on the halo eyes from chopping is not the only concern, its getting paint on they eyes from paint that you put in the hopper as well. I've had halo bs that have had problems feeding just because of a greasy film that was on the balls. The balls were $30 a box white box stuff but I was forced to rip drive the entire game.

Xenocide
09-25-2004, 12:46 PM
I have reloader b, and I love it.

The reloader b is faster than the normal halo because it is sound activated. In a normal halo, a ball must move past the eye completely before the halo activates the feed cup.

The reloader b is faster because it senses the vibration "sound" of the marker at the begining of it's cycle. it activates while the bolt is still moving, instead of waiting for it to get out of the way of the breach and the next ball can start to fall past an eye.

Sure your only talking about a few miliseconds, but when your firing at 18-20 shots a second, a few miliseconds is the difference between a chop and a shot.

Not to mention the fact that there are no eyes to foul up :)

the other thing I have seen is bright sunlight fouling up a halo b's eyes, which is really funny when it breaks a ball in the neck and is still pushing :)

FallNAngel
09-25-2004, 04:04 PM
Technically, I think the Halo may react first, not the Reloader. The Halo does use an eye system, but it's reflective. It senses movement, not breaks. On some markers, the ball will roll back slightly allowing another ball to partially feed. This usually isn't a big deal, but as the bolt moves forward, that ball will be pushed back up (creating movement in front of the eyes) and the Halo will try to feed. This may or may not be accurate, but I know for sure the Halo does not wait for a break in the ball stack.

Personally, I use a Reloader B. I can shoot whatever paint I want with it and don't have to worry about eye problems.

ghideon
09-25-2004, 11:07 PM
I have a Reloader B and love the thing to death. Yes, a HALO with a Victory board is going to be faster, but do you really need to shoot THAT fast? If you do, get a HALO with a Victory board.

If not, get a Reloader B. Unless your marker is super quiet, you're going to have less problems with the sound activation than you will with an eye system. Normally, that fact alone is enough to warrant getting the Reloader B. However, the sound activation is rock-freaking-solid. That's a big plus to reliability in my book, and enough for me to shell out the extra $$$ for the Reloader B.