PDA

View Full Version : Advantage of ULE RT Over a similarly priced electro (b2k etc)

MrLpd11
09-23-2004, 06:20 PM
What are they? I love the way they look but in a world dominated by electros I'm a little hesitant to get one (b/c it's mech and b/c you have to run nitro which i don't have, and buying both at once would be extreme for a rec baller' in my opinion. :tard:

Stealthgerbil
09-23-2004, 06:40 PM
its mech, no batteries
you can bounce it to shoot 15+BPS if you have an adjustable tank
they are light and small

MrLpd11
09-23-2004, 06:41 PM
What exactly is "bouncing" and how do you do it? :confused:

soccer4minimags
09-23-2004, 06:41 PM
reliability, ease of maintenance. Plenty of speed.

As for the compressed air issue, Don't count on running C02 well on a stock bushmaster.

RTDynaflow
09-23-2004, 06:42 PM
It is a mag. That should be enough :p . Seriously? It is completely different. Mags are some of the most reliable guns. I don't know enough about lower end electros to comment on them. For a rec player, I would say a mag. ULE with a ULT is plenty fast.

Any direction you go, nitro is a must. If you are going to spend over 400 on a gun, don't you want it to preform reliably? Be consistent? Accurate? :rolleyes: Although you aren't required to have nitro on some mid end electros, you really won't be gaining much by using c02.

Nate

Edit: bounce can be defined a few ways. Commonly referred to as debounce, or d-bounce, on electros. Essentially, you are shooting faster then you really are pulling the trigger. On a mag, the X valve "kicks" the trigger back in place. If you have a ULT and a tank with an output around 900, you can get it to double fire and "bounce". Hell, put 5 shims in your ULT and it will go full auto if you can find the sweetspot.

Big complaint about mags, they aren't efficient. For a rec player, as long as you are at a field (with nitro fill station) , it isn't a big deal. I would say go with the ULE custom. Fragtek has some sweet deals on them. You won't be disapointed. Of course, if you have a grand to drop on a nice electro... well they are nice.

MrLpd11
09-23-2004, 06:48 PM
What I was saying about the nitro was that I could get a BKO for 300 & get a nitro w/ it for about the same price as a RT w/o nitro, so I would have to spend more on the RT. Only thing is my parents wouldn't understand why I would need to take a 200$ tank over a 20$ tank :eek:

RTDynaflow
09-23-2004, 06:49 PM
What I was saying about the nitro was that I could get a BKO for 300 & get a nitro w/ it for about the same price as a RT w/o nitro, so I would have to spend more on the RT. Only thing is my parents wouldn't understand why I would need to take a 200$ tank over a 20$ tank :eek:

Eh. Well, you can find some nice deals on used RTs in te B/S/T here.

68magOwner
09-23-2004, 06:50 PM
neither will run Co2, bushy would be faster (what i would take) but do YOU need a fast marker? The way i play, i feel i do, so i have one, but there are plenty of players who play just as good/better with slower markers. You also save money on paint with a slower marker, which is always good. I think the biggest factor is how YOU play, and what kind of games YOU want to paly, not thatt someoen else thinks is teh superior marker

warbeak2099
09-23-2004, 06:53 PM
I felt the same way when thinking about getting my RT Custom. But now that I've got it and shot it it is fast! The ULT works so much better than I thought. I can easily compete with anything else on the field and oh yeah, no more batteries crapping out in the middle of a game. That got pretty annoying with my last gun which is why I went mech. Never looking back...

MrLpd11
09-23-2004, 06:58 PM
Exactly, but I'm not allowed to buy used, because my parents think since they are selling it, there is obviously something wrong with it. Well, these are very convinsing, and I love the way they look! Thanks for the comments. :)

*about the bushy being faster-Thats also whats turning me off of it & turning to these. Sure it's good to shoot fast for show, but I also don't wanna be spending upwards of 100$ of paint each day I go out :tard: