PDA

View Full Version : input pressure from n2

68AutoMoose
09-23-2004, 06:25 PM
Hey folks, I've been an automag owner for a long time but I'm new to the x-valve and to HPA. I've got a big event to play in in two days and I need a bit of help. Heres the deal: Ive recently upgraded to an x-valve for my classic mag, and purchased a 3000psi tank with fixed pressure of 800...now after a bit of testing and tuning of the level ten it has been shooting perfectly...but I've let it sit for a week, and just now screwed my tank on and the thing went full auto. The tanks pressure is at 1300psi. Is this too low to function? I thought if the pressure was too low it would just not "gas up." Any help would be great.

BlackHalo
09-23-2004, 09:56 PM
When you air it up or when you pull the trigger?

MonsterMag
09-23-2004, 10:03 PM
our macro would blow at 1200 psi, mine did when i turned it up 2 mutch (output pressure)

i have no clue other than the gauge or tank is brokin

eNder159
09-23-2004, 11:07 PM
our macro would blow at 1200 psi, mine did when i turned it up 2 mutch (output pressure)

i have no clue other than the gauge or tank is brokin

when i want to go full auto on my xvalved ult mag...i set it to 1200 psi and it shoots fine for me...i guess ur macro was weak from setting out in the son....

but to the original thread starter...are you saying that the tank is FILLED to 1200 psi or the output is 1200 psi ... and the mag will gass up as long as there's ATLEAST 700 psi in the tank...

68AutoMoose
09-24-2004, 06:16 AM
there is about 1200psi left in the tank, the tanks output is set at 800 all the time. I was just thinking that maybe there was too little air left in the tank to make it fire. Also I hold the trigger down when i screw in the tank, like i used to do on my classic valve. As soon as it gases it starts firing full auto.Have i blown an o-ring or something?

Asym
09-24-2004, 09:59 AM
I don't have a Xvalve but it sounds like your on/off isn't working. When you gas up and hold the trigger the on/off should be closed allowing no air past it but the sear is down and won't catch the bolt. So it sounds like on/off isn't sealing with the sear not on the bolt which means full auto!

If you have the on/off with shims like the ULT add more shims, or you might need a longer on/off pin. It might also be a temp fix if you have trigger stops to let the trigger go back more. Hope that helps.

BlackHalo
09-24-2004, 03:22 PM
Definitely something up with your on off...check the O-rings and make sure everything is in there.

With the trigger depressed, no air should be going past that point.

68AutoMoose
09-24-2004, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the advice about the on/off. This is a brand new valve, I haven't even disassembled it yet. Everything should be in there, so maybe I'll crack it open and check the o-rings. I was pretty sure that it was nothing a new parts kit couldn't fix. I'll keep you posted if i figure it out. And thanks again.