PDA

View Full Version : nightmare

ShaftyMcGee
09-23-2004, 06:44 PM
well i recently recieved a SB SC Nightmare in a trade. i knew it wasnt going to be in the best condition but this is almost pushing it. Theres a large hole just over breech where it appears they were going for constant feed. both the pump screw on the arm are replaced with random screws. The internals are all there and in working order but arent very pretty. seals look pretty good. aired it up and had a constant leak. i could really use some information or manuels on this thing. If any one happens to have some parts for one please PM me.

*edit* also i forgot to mention. the 12 gram changer would not screw in all the way.

veteranmag
09-24-2004, 11:32 AM
Hey, that was my first marker back in the day (it's in my garage somewhere). Do you have the nighmare competition or the stock version? The competition version has direct feed and a cutout near the top back tube to speed change co2 cartridge - the best feature of this model.

The directfeed is a factory-installed option. You can actually unscrew the direct feed nipple (where the hopper elbow attaches). It sounds from your description that that part is missing?

In terms of the leaks, you may have a hard time finding replacement o-rings - you'll just have to find ones that fit as closely as possible. p.s. field stripping the nightmare is... well a nightmare. you have to remove the pump handle, grip frame, several set screws and push out the internals with a dowel. Getting it back in and aligned can be tricky until you've done it a few times.

Good luck.

vonort
09-24-2004, 12:36 PM
check on www.mcarterbrown.com there are a bunch of knowlegable people when it comes to vintage guns. They may be able to point you in the right direction for parts too.

ShaftyMcGee
09-24-2004, 02:42 PM
i feild stripped the gun with no problem. i have the stock version with no cut out on the 12 gram changer. this definately is not a factory job for the direct feed, no threads or anything on it and looks a little rough.