PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a lvl 5 mag

TAW
09-23-2004, 07:26 PM
Hey AO

I need pictures of the rail, bottom of the body and breach/barrel area.

Thanks

BrockSampson
09-23-2004, 08:46 PM
This may be a stupid question, but wouldn't they be the same as any classic Mag? Level 5 was just the bolt, correct?

FragTek
09-23-2004, 09:18 PM
This may be a stupid question, but wouldn't they be the same as any classic Mag? Level 5 was just the bolt, correct?

Level 5 is the OLDSCHOOL classic bolt... pre-93 or something like that I believe.

BrockSampson
09-23-2004, 09:38 PM
Yeah, but the rail, body and barrel were the same, right? If he wanted pics of those, he wouldn't need a lvl 5 gun.

Muzikman
09-23-2004, 09:49 PM
I am not sure of all the differences between the lvl5 and lvl7, but it's musch more than a bolt. The valve was updated along with the grip frame too I believe. I am not sure whan the twist lock came into effect, but it might have been between 5 and 7 also. Classic magger would be one that could answer this better.

TAW
09-23-2004, 09:56 PM
rail and body. The PIM on the body is not right.

TAW
09-23-2004, 10:01 PM
The valve's power tube is c-cliped in and the reg piston has no saftey valve.

TAW
09-23-2004, 10:06 PM
And yes the valve is 176. I don't have the tip assembley, bolt, barrel or frame. Kind of why I asked about getting more pics.

Dang 30# pile of crap is keeping me busy. I hope there is another sale soon I'm getting down to the last stuff.

AGDlover
09-24-2004, 07:20 PM
wow thats some old school stuff

TAW
09-26-2004, 05:52 PM
I was putting my mags up for the winter.

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/Firefighter-P1010044.JPG

evan123
09-26-2004, 06:08 PM
I like that blue one. Anyway, 176 serial number is pretty early, what a collector's item!

TAW
09-27-2004, 03:26 PM
Hey AO,

In my quest to find out more about the lvl5 mags I got a PM from Jimbud:

Hi TAW,

Where did you get that valve?

I know a little about the real old Mag stuff,
my old team the SOB's helped field test the Automag before they were widely available.

We went down to the factory and assembled our own guns from the batch parts for the first run of 100 guns.

Automag serial #'s started at 100 but they were not built in order.

that is an original level 5 valve and rail, the body is newer and will not fit on that rail.
there is no place in the rail for the body nut to fit.

The very first Mags had a separate stainless breach with 3 small plastic nubbins pressed into it that slid into the body and the front grip screw threaded into it to hold the body to the rail.

that design didn't last for more than a few weeks before the breach was integrated into the barrel and all the guns out that Tom could get back then updated to the new design

I may have a power tube asm. and bolt that may fit but I am not sure.
I will need to dig through my junk box and see.

I know that I don't have a body and breach to fit your rail though.

Wish I did though very few all original level 5 guns exist.

Jim "Jimbud" Tentes

I would like to say Thank you Jim for all the info and help.