PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: BattleFront

OysterBoy
09-23-2004, 08:23 PM
I was fairly excited for this game, sort of like Day Of Defeat except set in the future instead of the past. Going to buy for PC soon, and I will give a bit of a review. Had a chance to try it out but..

Day starts out, I remember its a half day in school. Sweet. Show up, and breeze through classes, then my buddy Stu comes over and starts raving about the XBox version of Battlefront that he just bought. Cool. So we're all set to crash at Stu's (4 of us), then wouldn't you know it; whippage. 'Hey uh, I'm gonna go hang out with Shannon, I'll catch up with you guys in a bit'. We wait around like stooges for 10 minutes then say 'F* it', and we go throw eggs at friends' (Read: People we hate but who like us) houses. (Yea, we're cool :rolleyes: )

Long story short, being whipped is not cool. Especially if you just got a new game and have lame friends counting on you.

Thanks for wasting a minute reading about my day ;) .

Anyone have this game? If so, mind posting a little?

Warewolf50
09-23-2004, 08:33 PM
I was fairly excited for this game, sort of like Day Of Defeat except set in the future instead of the past. Going to buy for PC soon, and I will give a bit of a review. Had a chance to try it out but..

Day starts out, I remember its a half day in school. Sweet. Show up, and breeze through classes, then my buddy Stu comes over and starts raving about the XBox version of Battlefront that he just bought. Cool. So we're all set to crash at Stu's (4 of us), then wouldn't you know it; whippage. 'Hey uh, I'm gonna go hang out with Shannon, I'll catch up with you guys in a bit'. We wait around like stooges for 10 minutes then say 'F* it', and we go throw eggs at friends' (Read: People we hate but who like us) houses. (Yea, we're cool :rolleyes: )

Long story short, being whipped is not cool. Especially if you just got a new game and have lame friends counting on you.

SOOOOO CONFUSED. Something about gay orgys but other then that i have no idea what happened.

govnamac
09-23-2004, 08:39 PM
He was saying that while his friend was getting some ***, he and two others were standing around playing pocket pool together.

OysterBoy
09-23-2004, 08:41 PM
Hahaha. Interesting take, but no. Shannon is not the type to give, atleast, not easily.

govnamac
09-23-2004, 08:42 PM
By the way, Battlefront rocks on Xbox. Only complaint is its too easy against the computer.

AllAmericanMag
09-23-2004, 09:27 PM
Battlefront is an awesome game. I've been disappointed by a lot of XBox games lately, but I simply love this game. Extremely fun and it has great replay value. AT-ATs are some big mothers... :cheers:

kse
09-23-2004, 09:58 PM
10 out of 10 VARY GOOD GAME :D :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

magking1971
09-24-2004, 09:33 AM
I picked up this game and let me tell you, any game that you can shoot ewoks in is just awesome! (on your side or not) :p

logamus
09-24-2004, 02:10 PM

why didnt all of you go to shannons and give her the amtrak?

OysterBoy
09-24-2004, 08:01 PM
Haha. All good points... especially the amtrak one.. ;) Just got back from Stu's and the game definatley seems fun.. but I hate XBox controls so very very much... The Jet Trooper (Republic) is sooo unbalanced, awesome primary and his pistol doesn't suck (Maybe it still does, actually..).

Hopefully the First Person mode will be updated for the PC version later, because the whole 'no gun on screen' thing is throwing me off..

logamus
09-27-2004, 02:02 AM
i can say without much doubt that this game is a good. i thought the classic campaigns were too easy, but the galactic conquest is badass.

i'm logamus, and i approve this message

gimp
09-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Hopefully the First Person mode will be updated for the PC version later, because the whole 'no gun on screen' thing is throwing me off..

The guns show up when I play first person view. Only certain maps work for me. The pc version is really really buggy. I know a lot of people that can't even run it, even though their pc is way past the recommended specs. They should be putting out an update soon, and that should fix all the bugs. They rushed the game to get it out with the dvd releases.

RogueFactoryKid
09-27-2004, 01:01 PM
Xbox Game = Off Teh One Three Three Seven Chain (Yeah i know :tard: )
But anyway if you get on Xbox Live and ever want to play a little battle-front with another
AO-ER My name is DonkeyPunch2634