PDA

View Full Version : Rant: Pop needs to die

MaChu
09-24-2004, 12:06 AM
Well in a long time, I turned on my radio. The radio and me have had bad history together due to the lack of good music stations in my area. Clear Channel owns everything, meaning they have a monopoly on the airwaves, deciding what everyone listens to, sorta like communism, but I think I would have enjoyed communist words of encouragement and brainwashing than the crap that is broadcasted today.

Anways, I don't know what I was thinking, but I turned it on knowing that it would eventually piss me off and it did instantly. Im fed up with all these no talent arse clowns on the radio now who either got on the radio by a.Revealing a lot of skin, b.sing or allowed to sing what other people wrote just to fill a pop culture niche or c.have had relations with a former pop culture artist. Case and point, Ashlee Simpson. First, IMO she is ugly. I mean Jessica is a whole lot hotter than she ever could be. Second, if it wasn't for her ditsy sister Jessica, she would have never made it in music. Then just because of her show on MTV she spawned Ryan Cabrera or whatever who is nothing special either. This pop culture music stupidity is so mind numbing it will poison the future generation which will be the downfall of our civilization. Drastic? I think not. You are what you listen to, therefore if you listen to stupid, you are stupid. I know, "Its your choice to listen to it bla bla bla..." but what about the kids who can't choose what they listen to? Those without computers, or money to buy cds that they want? The radio is the only thing they have and when the choice is Clear Channel, its better that they go deaf.

Oh another great example of songs that have no continuity, beat, and just sounds like it was thrown together in a blender. The new Britany Spears song has to be the worst hashed over mix of poop ever. It just stinks and you know why they are playing her songs again all fo a sudden? Because she got freaking MARRIED?! WTH?! Just because ET tonight, the news channel for the retards, retards that are obsessed with looking good or what celebrities are dating who, broadcasted that, instantly Spears was back on the radio. This is just wrong, what happened to getting on the radio with talent, or being something unique, no these true artists are forced to be part of a cult status admired by other artists and true music critics. I mean there is some good stuff on the radio, Ill admit I like the Alicia Keyes song, Maroon 5 just because they have a catchy tune, but the rest is just mindless crap.

We need to :shooting: down Pop and return to the :headbang:

Havoc_online
09-24-2004, 12:39 AM
MaChu for Prez! :cheers:

VC8228
09-24-2004, 05:11 PM
I agree with mostly everything except.....Maroon 5??? You're kidding.

dwab3000
09-24-2004, 05:19 PM
you may want to check out the off button, new invention..

seriously, its true you dont HAVE to listen to music, its not needed!, its actually suggested you DO NOT listen to the radio when you drive...

so seriously, click the off button, and be happy

Enos Shenk
09-24-2004, 05:25 PM
God invented cd players and cd burners for a reason.

MaChu
09-24-2004, 11:39 PM
you may want to check out the off button, new invention..

Lets look at my first sentence, "Well in a LONG time, I turned on my radio." This means I know what a off button is and has been off for a very long time also. But this is a sarcastic remark, I know.

seriously, its true you dont HAVE to listen to music, its not needed!, its actually suggested you DO NOT listen to the radio when you drive...

Maybe Im different or a rebel, but I listen to the radio in the car like all the other misfits who regularly drive a car. Music is a important part of every person's life as it can effect mood, way of thinking, and creativity. Also, the people who suggested you shouldn't listen to the radio while you drive are probably old, and we all know how they drive ;)

so seriously, click the off button, and be happy

So seriously, its a rant, get over it :D

Enos Shark, God didn't invent the CD burner or CD players despite what quazi nutso religious cults say, I believe computer companys did :D

Mango
09-25-2004, 02:21 AM
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jtrussell7/hisxlnc.gif

Koosh
09-25-2004, 03:14 AM
Pop, by definition, is whats POPULAR!

People want to hear it, if your not that person, don't listen to it...

breg
09-25-2004, 05:32 AM
Let me start this off by saying that I truly am mentally unbalanced.
Since the age of 15 I have harbored a growing distaste for most of pop culture. It has either put more and more preprocessed crap down our throat or leeched off another artists' orginallity.
1. Look at the boy band craze. It tends to happen every 10 to 15 years. Before it was New Kids on the Block, then it became even more unsetteling with N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, etc. This was unacceptable mostly due to the lack of orginallity in the music. I really had a hard time dealing with all of the untill I found the Dead Kennedys. Then I knew that I was all right.
2. I am tired of seeing women dressed in less clothing than most folks wear to the swimming pool talk about how we treat women as sex objects. Well, if you didn't dress like something out of a trashy movie about hookers, then well maybe we wouldn't. Case in point: Norah Jones. I happen to think that she is hot as all get out. She never dresses like that, and she can actually sing as well as play the piano. Imagine that!
3. Then they begin to throw more at us in a subtler way. They give the group memebers instruments. Yes, Linkin Park, I'm talking about you. Once they do this they package it up as "Dangerous and Rebellous," to make sure that they have this dissaffect youth in with the happy kids. I can not see how Linkin Park is any different from any other money grubbing band that has few goals beyond record sales. Granted, any band wants to sell records, but that should never be your only goal.
4. Radio has gone down hill to the point that I have not actually listened to radio as anything but a last resort in the last 7 years. I remember there used to be stations that played good music that I loved (everything from Alice in Chains to the Beatles to Marilyn Manson to ZZ Top). Now it's hard to find a station that has more than a six month memory...

More to come later...

Echo419
09-25-2004, 07:09 AM
OMFG MANGO..... i love you

daviselk
09-25-2004, 10:56 AM
Do the people that do not agree with you like B. Spears?
i know i dont.... but where i live i have a good radio station... and it is mostly the only one i listen to. I think J. Sipmspn has talant, but her sister needs to find somthing better to waste her money on b/c she sucks. I DO like alicia keys... she makes up her own words... does her music, and isnt "ghetto". But i DO like maroon 5, they are good. I listen to modest mouse, trapt, stuff like that... i just like it. And this is kinda gay... but this band is sweet... the remix of clocks by coldplay is so sweet. http://www.twelvegirlsband.com/media
like i said... it is kinda gay but sweet once u actually listen to it.... expecially if u like Clocks (Coldplay).

edit./ the station i listen to plays nothing that is over a year old... except red hot chili peppers.... they are SO sweet.

wad04
09-26-2004, 01:39 AM
sirius, problem solved.

trevorjk
09-26-2004, 10:37 PM
punk is the new pop :rolleyes:

RoadDawg
09-27-2004, 11:15 AM
Pop by all rights is what is popular. Obviously there are folks out there that listen to it. Do I? No. Hell I can't even stand the radio anymore. We did recently get a independent station which plays the local scene more but even that is turning garbage. KROQ has a play list that much include only 15 songs. All of which are close to sucking. Only good one I heard in the hour I listened to yesterday was Social D's new song. By the way check out the Korn video "Y'all want a single". It has a interesting theme. Overall though creativity in music has been lacking for the last 10 years. Not saying all are bad but most are recycled.

I'll agree with the above post. Punk is the new pop. Punk used to be a lifestyle, not a fad. I remember back in the day if you had your hair greased up and in a messy style you were looked at as a alien. Now it's a everyday thing. Blink 182 is not and never was punk.

trevorjk
09-27-2004, 12:17 PM
Pop by all rights is what is popular. Obviously there are folks out there that listen to it. Do I? No. Hell I can't even stand the radio anymore. We did recently get a independent station which plays the local scene more but even that is turning garbage. KROQ has a play list that much include only 15 songs. All of which are close to sucking. Only good one I heard in the hour I listened to yesterday was Social D's new song. By the way check out the Korn video "Y'all want a single". It has a interesting theme. Overall though creativity in music has been lacking for the last 10 years. Not saying all are bad but most are recycled.

I'll agree with the above post. Punk is the new pop. Punk used to be a lifestyle, not a fad. I remember back in the day if you had your hair greased up and in a messy style you were looked at as a alien. Now it's a everyday thing. Blink 182 is not and never was punk.

yeah this new fad stuff pisses me off... like this friday im going to get my tongue peirced. Why? cuase i feal like it, i mean if i dont like it i take it out it heals. so why not try it. anyways the first responce i got from my brother is... "what are you trying to do? become punk?"

i about knocked him in the face... this coming from a kid that thinks that billy talent is good punk :tard:

everything in the underground always comes out to be a fad... next thing you know metal will be the new fad... unless that british invasion stuff takes it over again... thats what im trying to debate to myself is, whats next? metal or british rock.

oh well, people cant do there own thing, so they all follow :rolleyes:

RoadDawg
09-27-2004, 12:36 PM
Well unfortunatly if you do like some rock, say Korn for example, you are still looked at as a "follower". First and fore most, just because it's played on the radio doesn't make it a fad. Just like when a band that has been underground for years finally gets songs on the radio, AFI & Bad Religion for example, doesn't mean they "sold out". They just finally reached the pinnacle of public notice. OR even better, if you find their cd's in a major chain, doesn't mean they sold out. Only bands that sell out are bands that abandon their style and literally say "F" you fans we want something else.

I also get a kick out of it when people call me a fad follower. Especially when it comes to rock like Korn, Tool, Marilyn Manson, NIN etc. Little do most people know, I listened to that stuff pre Jr. High. (94ish) Hell I was into Nirvana in 4th grade. (nevermind was just released). Funny one was my liking of the Insane Clown Posse. I know they aren't for everybody so no comments please. My first day of high school, I walk in wearing a shirt representing them. Next year it doubles, then the following year it's worn by people that have NO IDEA who they are, or what they sing about. Boggles the mind.

skife
09-27-2004, 12:44 PM
solution to your radio problem... get dual exhause and say screw the radio.

i'm not a fan of much 'pop' music at all.
the only rap artist i like is eminem, the lyrics he writes are genius
if i ever listen to the radio sataion i'm listening to one of the classic rock stations, even then they are going soft.

these emo kids out there piss me off too....
even country is getting bad, the best country song i herd on the radio lately was east bound and down by jerry reed. haha, i was on the bus going to school and it started playing.... so i started singing and remanicing of smokey and the bandit.

i'm a redneck.
i drive a american car with a v8
i listen to classic rock
and some more stuff but i'm too un-orginal to think of anything.