PDA

View Full Version : Sportmanship - One-man/5-man team at World Cup!

FaSSt
10-28-2001, 06:07 PM
I heard this story from Jack George, who owns First Strike Paintball in Newberry, near Gainesville, in Central Florida(great guy, awesome field, BTW):

It seems that there was a Florida 5-man team that showed up to play at World Cup. After deciding that they were not going to win, 4 of the team members WENT HOME, despite the pleas of the remaining guy.

Instead of giving up, this ONE GUY decided that he was going to continue playing. He played several games, one against five from the start. No, he did not win, but he received several standing ovations from the spectators, and won the respect of the teams he played against.

That's sportmanship.

There may be an article about him in some of the paintball mags, so be on the lookout for him.

udtseal
10-28-2001, 06:10 PM
HOO YAH TO THAT GUY!!! I'd like to shake his hand!

FooTemps
10-28-2001, 08:05 PM
That guy is awesome! I think he should beat all the other teams he played against without his teammates...

Prezents
10-29-2001, 07:16 AM
That is what it should be all about! you play to "Have fun" and if you win,,,,,,, well that is a bennie.

azzkikr
10-29-2001, 10:15 AM
my hat is off to that man, that kind of dedication is what I would want in a teamate. I wish that I would have been there to see it, hell I would have jumped in and played alonside him. unfourtunately I got there to see the 10 man part of the cup. later AZZKIKR