PDA

View Full Version : Lapco Snapshot Barrel Kit?

PRPB
09-24-2004, 04:39 PM
Ok I currently have 150 saved for one of these, but I really haven't heard much about them. I know lapco makes some good barrels. I have a bigshot for all my markers, but I just need to know if they are worth the 230 bucks? So for any of you that have or have used them what do you think of them?

Chris

evan123
09-24-2004, 06:35 PM
No barrel kit is worth 230 bucks. I would just buy a CP 2 piece with a couple backs and you would be set.

rkjunior303
09-24-2004, 07:23 PM
for a $150 you could get a pipe kit and have some cash to spare.

gc82000
09-24-2004, 07:42 PM
I think you could get a SM-1 Kit for about $150.

lord1234
09-24-2004, 07:52 PM
I think you could get a SM-1 Kit for about $150.

he's right...talk to me on PM.

ubooze
09-24-2004, 08:04 PM
Well, if you feel the need to spend, or if you can justify the price, I am sure the barrel is well worth it. It seems to be a very high quality kit. BUT, like everybody has been saying, you can get other kits for less. Just make sure to buy wisely and pick out a better quality set.

JimmyBeam
09-24-2004, 08:23 PM
a full pipe kit is 150. i love mine

PRPB
09-24-2004, 08:32 PM
Well, if you feel the need to spend, or if you can justify the price, I am sure the barrel is well worth it. It seems to be a very high quality kit. BUT, like everybody has been saying, you can get other kits for less. Just make sure to buy wisely and pick out a better quality set.

Well that's the thing I really don't feel the need to spend that much money on barrel kit. At first I was all for it, but now that I have been thinking about it I'm not sure if I want to. I still would like the kit, but I'm trying to find out if it offers something more then other kits I have been looking into. I had planned on getting the sm-1, but really don't want to deal with inserts. So I have been looking at the kaner and matchstick barrel kits also. I just don't want to put so much money into a something that would turn out to be a pos.

RTDynaflow
09-25-2004, 12:58 AM
Have you looked into a Scepter kit? I have heard nothing but the best about them. Switch is good also... You can pick up a CCM kit (exact same as stiffi switch, except w/o the logos and with 7 backs) for $200 off ebay. THat is for the barrel and 7 backs. I am actually asking myself this same questions. CCM, Pipe, Phat, Scepter, SM-1, or longbow?? All excellent kits, I can't see the accuracy being that big of a difference. So it comes down to, which one do you like the best? I am partial to the Scepter.

Hope you guys can get this guy some info that will help! (wow, that was a mouthful) as I am useless... ;)

Nate

Snap Shooter
09-25-2004, 01:20 AM
$230!!!! for a barrel kit ... just a little high for me. I picked up a new Pipe Kit (12", 5 bore sizes), for $100 new, and it just works flawlessly. I don't have a need for a huge amount of bore variation so 5 backs have been more than ample to allow for pretty close paint sizing. I like the aestetics of the Pipe kit also, although the SM-1 and Scepter kits are pretty tight too. I let a friend use my pipe kit one afternoon and he immediatly sold his full freak kit and purchased the pipe kit. It comes down to what you prefer in style, color, length, etc., and for me I always have to allow for a cost to performance ratio.

sneakyhacker420
09-25-2004, 04:53 PM
get a pipe kit - you'll find em for dirt cheap used, and its probably the best kit that i've ever used

great kit, and great price (used OR new)

ilikePB
09-25-2004, 04:58 PM
I have an Empire kit, I like it a lot. You can find them for pretty cheap used on PBN. I got mine with 2 fronts and 6 backs for $120 in used, but perfect condition.

teufelhunden
09-25-2004, 05:04 PM
.692 UL.. save yourself some money..

TDonovan
09-25-2004, 06:05 PM
Want lapco quality but don't want to drop all that cash on a kit? Just pick up a bigshot, autospirit, and microshot used and you'll have 3 bore sizes covered for real cheap. Check out the lapco forums to see if they have any special sizes in stock right now.

They ARE louder, but they're awesome barrels.

adt501
09-25-2004, 07:49 PM
Man, hes right. Just get a larger bore barrel (I too rock the 92 UL)

ghideon
09-25-2004, 10:38 PM
I have most of the Lapco kit. By that I mean I have the three backs and two fronts (bought a snapshot, then filled out the rest of the kit).

Was it expensive? Hell yeah. Was it worth it? Hell yeah. Lapco doesn't mess around. It's a quality, no-hype barrel. Much like Automags are quality, no hype-markers. You're going to have to pay for that quality.

xXHavokXx
09-25-2004, 10:48 PM
Want lapco quality but don't want to drop all that cash on a kit? Just pick up a bigshot, autospirit, and microshot used and you'll have 3 bore sizes covered for real cheap. Check out the lapco forums to see if they have any special sizes in stock right now.

They ARE louder, but they're awesome barrels.

And weigh as much as my gun. Or are they aluminum now?

ghideon
09-25-2004, 11:01 PM
And weigh as much as my gun. Or are they aluminum now?

Some of the older ones may be made of stainless steel, and some might consider them collector's items. Colin said that all the barrels he produces now (and within the last year IIRC) are all aluminum. IE no more stainless steel barrels.

xXHavokXx
09-26-2004, 07:04 AM
Rock on. At the shop we had some twist lock Autospirits......damn. One of them is currently in use as a hammer.

FragTek
09-26-2004, 08:21 AM
Ok I currently have 150 saved for one of these, but I really haven't heard much about them. I know lapco makes some good barrels. I have a bigshot for all my markers, but I just need to know if they are worth the 230 bucks? So for any of you that have or have used them what do you think of them?

Chris

The price difference between the Snapshot at $230 and other barrel kits that are around $80 less isn't justified by performance, that's for certain. The Lapco Snapshot kit is a very good performing kit, and if you really want to spend the money on it, go for it!

If you want to spend a little less and get the same performance I say you first and foremost look at the MacDev MatchStik 7pc. kit for $150 which arguably I think is the nicest barrel kit on the market, or get a CP Full Bore kit for around $170 or so (www.fragtek.com for the CP kit ;)).

In the end, a barrel is a barrel. As long as it looks like glass when you look down it, the front lines up well with the back, and you have a good paint to bore match you have yourself a barrel that's going to project a ball down the field with desirable accuracy.

Fatjon
09-26-2004, 09:35 AM
I love my match stik. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a barrel kit.

PRPB
09-26-2004, 06:55 PM
Yeah I just don't see spending the money on it if there are other kits just as good. So I'm going to get a matchstick. Now do any of you know where I can order one. I was going to order it off of macdev's website, but they want $35.00 for shipping :wow: That's a bit crazy.

ilikePB
09-26-2004, 07:05 PM
but they want $35.00 for shipping :wow: That's a bit crazy.
Probably because they are based in Australia.

PRPB
09-26-2004, 07:39 PM
Probably because they are based in Australia.

lol oook I did not know that. So is there anywhere else I can get one?

ilikePB
09-26-2004, 07:49 PM
http://www2.criticalpaintball.com/product_info.php/products_id/347

http://www.bulldogpaintball.com/matchstik.html

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/sakworldpaintballsupply-store/mamabakit.html

Those are the first 3 places I found that had them using Google search...

Danman69
09-26-2004, 08:44 PM
get the matchstik from PaintballKingdom.com, they are the best for ordering Mac-Dev stuff in the US.

Fatjon
09-26-2004, 08:46 PM
I ordered mine thru critcalpaintball.com when it was $99

coyote
09-27-2004, 12:56 AM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=152698

Great deal on a Stiffi switch kit. $170 shipped.

I also sell Snapshots. they are expensive, but they are probably the nicest 2 picece system i have seen.