PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag Chuffing Please Help

AnArchist_1944
09-25-2004, 12:35 AM
I have a 3.2 e-mag and in e-mode it chuffs every couple of shots and leaks down the barrel occasionally iam useing a standard e-mag on/off but no quad o-ring just a standard x-valve o-ring.

any ideas as to the problem would be greatly appreciated.

if i have to change a carrier how would i go about removeing it and how would i tell if its a shim prob or a carrier prob it it happens to be one of the 2 .thnx.

:cheers:

GordDesigns
09-25-2004, 12:52 AM
This is a simple fix, put the quad o-ring back in and your fixed.

Since the on/off pin is still stock Emag then it should be .712" long. And if all you did was swap out the orings, then it cant seal up whan the trigger is pulled.

The other way to solve the leak is the opposite, Go with a stock on/off pin that is .750" long.
And keep the o-ring you have.

Hope this helps.

PS; I just switched may X-vavle to the quad o-ring and had my education on pin length.

abunkerer
09-26-2004, 11:27 AM
It is probably a carrier problem unless you put too many shims in.

a new carrier takes a while to break in and stop chuffing, keep it well lubed, also lube the on/off.

athomas
09-28-2004, 08:47 AM
Since the on/off pin is still stock Emag then it should be .712" long. And if all you did was swap out the orings, then it cant seal up whan the trigger is pulled.

The other way to solve the leak is the opposite, Go with a stock on/off pin that is .750" long.
And keep the o-ring you have.

The original emags had a .725" pin and used the standard round o-ring. When the emags started using the quad o-ring they started using the .712" pin.

Using the standard .712" pin without the quad o-ring may cause bolt resetting problems which could cause leaking and recharge problems. The recharge problems could cause chuffing.

Titansu
09-28-2004, 01:23 PM
if i have to change a carrier how would i go about removeing it and how would i tell if its a shim prob or a carrier prob it it happens to be one of the 2 .thnx.

http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml