PDA

View Full Version : Does a Valve Determine what Gun it is?

DiSoRdeR
09-25-2004, 02:53 PM
I see alot alot of people who upgrade there mags considerable, to the extent it no longer resembles its original state. So is it still considered the type of mag it used to be? For example say some one buys a stock minimag, upgrades just about every component on it except the valve. Is it still considered a minimag? It no longer resembles one, but is it still one? This may seem to be a stupid question, but its one I think about alot.

hAppy
09-25-2004, 03:00 PM
A mag with an RT valve is an RT mag, a mag with a classic valve is a classi mag ;)

The Action Figure
09-25-2004, 03:01 PM
yes but a mag with an xvale isnt always an xmag ;)

Kevmaster
09-25-2004, 03:26 PM
its whatever you want to call it :)

If i want to call my xmag an angel, then dammit, its my angel! Can't stop me ;)

Head knight of Ni
09-25-2004, 03:33 PM
Mag w/ Xvalve = Custom Mag
ULE RtMag w/ Xvalve= ULE RT Custom

DiSoRdeR
09-25-2004, 03:38 PM
A mag with an RT valve is an RT mag, a mag with a classic valve is a classi mag ;)

Mag w/ Xvalve = Custom Mag
ULE RtMag w/ Xvalve= ULE RT Custom
Ok, but what about Micromags?

Caffiend
09-25-2004, 03:57 PM
isn't the micromag ALWAYS a micro mag regardless of the valve because it's the BODY that makes it micro? Same thing for Mini, in my eyes...

Adrenaline_Junkie
09-25-2004, 04:02 PM
isn't the micromag ALWAYS a micro mag regardless of the valve because it's the BODY that makes it micro? Same thing for Mini, in my eyes...

Yeah, that was kinda a dumb question on disorders part lol. Call your gun w/e you want to call it. A mag is a mag regardless of what valve and stuff it has.

DiSoRdeR
09-25-2004, 06:41 PM
Thats what I think. But I still see people who say they have a minimag, when the only minimag part they have on it is the valve.

I dont know what Im thinking, kinda off today :D

DiSoRdeR
09-25-2004, 06:50 PM
Since were on the topic about what makes a mag a mag(sort of), is a micromag really a mag? It uses agd parts, but then again so does the mq-valved mag and tom said that wasnt a mag.

I'll stop with the weird questions for today after this one :D

WenULiVeUdiE
09-25-2004, 09:10 PM
The MicroMag uses a Mag valve. Therefore its a mag.

Tom said the mqValve wasnt a mag because it doesnt use the mag valve.

Mel said that they only used Mag parts. But I still think you're correct.

Stealthgerbil
09-25-2004, 11:52 PM
i think the mq-mag is a mag, because it still uses mostly AGD parts. The valve doesn't determine everything.

Kevmaster
09-26-2004, 12:09 AM
i think the mq-mag is a mag, because it still uses mostly AGD parts. The valve doesn't determine everything.

Mel's mag is a very rare example of this 'problem'. he completely redesigned how everything inside works. a mag is what you want it to be

Stealthgerbil
09-26-2004, 12:25 AM
i think that its still the same concept though. Its still is considered a blow-forward, the only difference is that it uses electronics to do this, instead of a sear. I think its good for mags though. There really arnt as many choices for people who want to have an electric mag. The only ways you can really have one is to either buy a hyperframe, or an e-mag. I think that AGD should embrace this, because it will attract people to mags.