PDA

View Full Version : ULE Custom Questions in general

VFX_Fenix
09-26-2004, 04:28 AM
I just got my Mag on the 24th in the mail, ULE custom w/ ULT, nothing fancy, but it's been plagued with issues since it arrived on my door. I've done searches on these boards for answers but nothing seems to repaired the issues.

So I have a couple problems:
1) The Mag is on Full Auto/Run Away with practically zero reactivity, I understand that the ULT will remove much of the reactivity but the FA is somewhat bothersome.

2) The bolt will hang and fail to recock in the middle of a string (this was prior to the full auto issue) and I'd have to manually push the bold back with my finger before it would fire again. Currently in it's FA mode it will get stuck partially forward and vent down the barrel until the air system is turned off and the bolt is allowed to reset itself.

Things I've done:
So far I've oiled the Mag as per AGD's instructions as well as putting a little oil on the bolt/return spring. I put more shims into the level 10 with questionable results and removed the 0.5 carrier that was installed and replaced it with the 1.5 and changed the level 7 spring to the silver spring. Everything is factory new, and it's been one sort of disapointment after another. After the Mag started going full auto I put everything back to the way it was when it was pulled out of the box, no luck, FA seems to be here to stay for the time being.

I admittedly know very little about how a Mag actually works, but I do understand the basic principles of their function. The bolt sticking forward and venting would imply to me that the sear pin is too short and not closing the on/off valve entirely which would seem to indicate that a shim or two would need to be installed to correct this problem. It also seems that the bolt sticking forawrd issue should be easily fixed by adding more shims to the power tube, (currently it's back at the stock 2).

Input pressure from my Flatline is 800psi but I've tried it everywhere from 600psi to 1000psi with the same results. It's done this since I first gassed it up out of the box and I'm tempted to ship it back to WWA for a replacement. Anyway, thanks for the replies.

Chronobreak
09-26-2004, 09:17 AM
1. ult prob isnt setup right or has too many shims? and what is your velocity and spring?

--edit welcome to AO if u have problems post them here

VFX_Fenix
09-26-2004, 12:19 PM
Honestly, can't say what the muzzle velocity is set at since I don't have access to a chrono unfortunately. However I've adjusted the velocity nut on the X Valve through a pretty wide range of pressures from where the marker will fail to cycle at all to where I'm almost 100% certain that the marker is shooting hot. I haven't run the valve up to where it'll leak though so I suppose that's something to try. EDIT - Using Grey currently, but it goes FA with all 3 springs.

As for the ULT it has 4 shims in it currently and I have 1 more shim for the ULT. This'll be the first time I've messed with the ULT so I'll just start pulling shims out I guess and see what happens?

usmc8892
09-26-2004, 12:54 PM
I have 2 shims in my ULT. I had 4, but I had a runaway gun issue. Haven't had a problem since, except when low on air then it will runaway, and finally just vent down the barrel. As for the bolt stick, I am using the red spring. You kind of have to fool around with the carriers, too tight it will stick, too loose it will leak. I use 2 shims in my level 10 so far. Also, make sure that your air source is firmly screwed into the ASA, mine sometimes vibrates loose, and starves my marker, causing runaway, shootdown, etc, etc. Hope that helps.

vf-xx
09-26-2004, 01:35 PM
I had similar problems when I first got my ULT as well. Try taking out one shim in the ult and you should be fine.

IIRC I'm running 3 shims and 900psi imput and that keeps my mag right on the safe edge of runaway.

The bolt stick is probably LX related. Try troubleshooting one thing at a time. Get the FA issues delt with (and removing shims should solve the problem), then you may need to fiddle with your carrier size.

Welcome to the world of mags, and I guarontee that when you get it working right you'll love it.

VFX_Fenix
09-26-2004, 05:34 PM
Well, I'm out of HPA, but I think the problem has been resolved. I'm down to 2 shims in the ULT and 5 shims in the lvl 10. Thanks for the replies :hail: , I'm sure I'll have more questions sooner or later. :rofl:

CaliMagFan
09-27-2004, 01:38 PM
consult the link in my in my sig... i believe you'll find your answers there... especially in the section that describes the marker's random non-firing... good luck... report back

-kyro