PDA

View Full Version : ever think about quiting?

Geoffman89
09-26-2004, 09:56 AM
ever think about quiting? i have this feeling right now that i want to quit. and i just played. do u have that feeling?

frontrunner
09-26-2004, 10:01 AM
i cant quit, my mind wouldn't know what to think about half the day

where do you play and what do you play turny, rec, woods?

Geoffman89
09-26-2004, 10:03 AM
i play woods but im startingto get into speedball

LaW
09-26-2004, 10:05 AM
Alright let me tell you a little something about me. I have been playing since 1995, and up until 1999 I couldnt get enough. But sometimes there comes a time where you are just kind of tired of it, just enough to want to maybe quit. I have done this a couple times, sometimes due to not having the passion to play or financial reasons. If you take some time off sometime it is really good for you. Eventually over the span of about 6-8 months I have come back to start playing again because there are a lot of little things I really miss about the sport. So dont be afraid to take some time away to try other things.

Chicago Pb 7
09-26-2004, 10:10 AM
Yes, I've thought about it and have quit for about 6 months but as the saying goes paintballers never quit they just start and stop.

AGDlover
09-26-2004, 10:26 AM
i did quit for a little while after the first time i started playing but then i got back into it and couldn't stop

Jeffy-CanCon
09-26-2004, 10:52 AM
Personally, only once.

I started playing in the early 90's, with stock-pistols and pumps. In 94 I went to my first Big Game at Paintball Long Island. We camped on the field the night before, and stayed up late talking with some local players. Their idea of paintball did not sound appealing to me. They were each planning to shoot multiple cases of paint with their semis, and talked openly of wiping off hits they didn't want to count. We were three guys from the north woods of Canada, with reantal pumps and a single case between us. Wiping hits was a new and disgusting concept, and we'd never played against semi-autos. We all had the same thought: "if this is what paintball is becoming, it's not for me."

But we all had fun the next day at the big game, and met some realy nice people. We all kept playing.

Ten years later, every person from the first two groups I played with has given it up. Usually because of money, marriage, politics, or they didn't like the changing tech or attitudes.

But I met and joined a bunch of guys who know the secret: you can play paintball anyway you like it. They played pump & stock long after semis arrived, and before stock was repopularised. Over the years a lot of former paintballers have rediscovered their love for the game through the same group.

So don't play if you're not having fun. But I hope you can find a group to play with that keeps paintball fun for you.

Thermus
09-26-2004, 10:55 AM
I quit a while back, sold all my stuff. Its nice to have the money from the stuff, and it doesn't take up my time any more. I might get back into it someday, but most likely i wont.

ojhspyro89
09-26-2004, 12:05 PM
Ive been playing a long time for how old i am and i never lose intrest. The most that ive lost intrest was when i was just beggining and i was playing against kids that were older and had more experiance and looked down on me. Well i kept playing kinda because my brother did, i got better started shooting them and so on.

I cant play that often because of money issues but when i can play its awsome. My advice is not to play so fricken often. I meen every weekend is a bit much for just playing woods. It may be awsome at the moment but then u get tired of doing it so much that u just quit. I havnt paintballed for so long being that my guns been out for like a month.

TheRebel
09-26-2004, 12:14 PM
yeah i did for a while, but i started up again because its fun to come back and look at all the advances while you were gone, and use your old gun against new ones.

abunkerer
09-26-2004, 12:41 PM
Same here, I started in 95 when I bought my mag, played a lot for a couple of years then quit when I went to college. started back up in 2002, and could not believe how the sport advanced, my mag was just not able to hack it anymore neither were my rusty oldschool skills. But I've adapted and am having more fun now then I ever did! I say take a break and make a comeback, but be ready to pay your dues again!

REDRT
09-26-2004, 12:43 PM
After supporting the most of the team after the last tourny, I feel like quiting!

LaW
09-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Same here, I started in 95 when I bought my mag, played a lot for a couple of years then quit when I went to college. started back up in 2002, and could not believe how the sport advanced, my mag was just not able to hack it anymore neither were my rusty oldschool skills. But I've adapted and am having more fun now then I ever did! I say take a break and make a comeback, but be ready to pay your dues again!

Well I may have quit playing but I never really stopped keeping up to date with the advancements in the sport. I just quit going out every weekend to play, and sick of being on teams that couldnt stay together for months at a time. Dont have to pay your dues if you break for a bit! As long as you have been playing for a while it all comes back pretty fast, sometimes it never leaves.

-Tab
09-26-2004, 01:06 PM
i actually did "quit" once.

i sold my gun to buy a new one. i got the money in, and i decided to put it into my car.

from then on i planned doing things to my car, or buying a new one.

but about 3 weeks later, i went and reffed some recball at my field for a few friends. after just watching it, i knew i had to get back into it.

i ended up with a ULE e-mag and a freshly painted car(i planned on doing A LOT more)

lately, i've been thinking about quiting again. i've been interested in a new car for a while, but i can't see me quiting when i'm only 15.

LaW
09-26-2004, 01:07 PM
i actually did "quit" once.

i sold my gun to buy a new one. i got the money in, and i decided to put it into my car.

from then on i planned doing things to my car, or buying a new one.

but about 3 weeks later, i went and reffed some recball at my field for a few friends. after just watching it, i knew i had to get back into it.

i ended up with a ULE e-mag and a freshly painted car(i planned on doing A LOT more)

lately, i've been thinking about quiting again. i've been interested in a new car for a while, but i can't see me quiting when i'm only 15.

Your not even 16 and your worried about a car come on...

usmc8892
09-26-2004, 01:17 PM
Played on and off back in the late 80's, can't even recall the names of the markers, but they were bolt-action, and had like a 10-shot capacity. The rich kid had a pump marker. Quite a few of us used wrist-rockets. Anyway, wasn't that appealing to me at the time, so I quit. Got back into it in 2002, and after being amazed at the advances in techology, I wouldn't dream of giving it up now. I just wish I had got a 'Mag earlier, I was scared off by the myths for a long time.