PDA

View Full Version : Big Ball paint-what do you guys think?

Dave
10-28-2001, 08:04 PM
My mag was shooting with some inconsistancy and I thought I would try different paints to see if there was a difference-

Team Colors-original paint I got-somewhat inconsistant

PMI premium satin finish-a little better, but some inconsistancy

PMI premium glossy(is there a difference between the satin and glossy?)
-this paint shot about the same, maybe a little better

Big Ball-by far the best paint I have used! Incredibly consistant, I was making shots at 75 ft within a foot without the use of a sight of any kind. It was great!

Does anybody else know more about this paint? I really like it. It is the only paint I have used that have gotten really nice accuracy.

Today was actually the very first time I had chopped balls....I think it was partly due to the old style feed plug...which I have. The balls would get stuck halfway between the barrel and the feeder and would get messed up.
That was only with the pmi paint.

MajorDamage
10-28-2001, 08:17 PM
Its bouncy :). I got shot with one about a month ago, and it hit me, and rolled down my shirt, I picked it up and took it back to the staging area with me to show people :). Another guy on my side caught one and put it in his hopper to shoot back at the guy who shot it :).

ENDO!

Trunnion
10-28-2001, 08:41 PM
i've used big ball with great success, as have many of my friends. we still use it often. i've personally never had a problem with them bouncing off except at pretty hefty distances

Restola
10-28-2001, 08:54 PM
ive had some bouncing problems with the new PMI/RPS fill, but because it flies SO STRAIGHT i put up with it. team colors was really really good to.

PowerFedMag
10-28-2001, 09:29 PM
What barrels were u guys using? (With RPS\PMI success as well as BIG BALL)

I use a BIG SHOT w\BIG BALL and have great success. Tho I did have a bal blow up in my hopper, hopefully that was just a defect.

:cool:

zvanut
10-28-2001, 09:48 PM
nice size, breaks on target, no barrel braks, very accurate.

some of the best stuff at the best price

Ninja B0Y
10-29-2001, 12:08 AM
Big Balls = Big Bounce

But they make great practice paint.

Thordic
10-29-2001, 01:57 AM
Hmm.. I had a REALLY bad experience with Big Ball once, but I only used it that once. If I had to base my opinion based on only that one day, I'd say it was one of the worst paints I've ever used. Above BE crap, but below Zap Select crap :)

BUt based on what everyone else is saying, I'm guessing I got a bad batch, or maybe just an old one.

ANd if you want to talk about bouncy paint, talk about Polar Ice. I got a bounce of the lens of my goggles from about 40 feet away.

Shaft
10-29-2001, 07:35 AM
Big Ball is my favorite practice and set up paint.
One thing is that it's very tough paint. Last Saturday when my Mag was nothing more than a big paint blender - the big ball worked just fine.
It's cheap too!

Trunnion
10-29-2001, 08:21 AM
i've used both my boomstick and my AA with big ball. they seem to do fine

krafty
10-29-2001, 08:54 AM
I used big ball for the first time a couple weeks ago. I was very impressed! Didn't have a single problem that was paint-related all day. (Now the rain caused some headaches, but that's another story.)

Russ
10-29-2001, 09:09 AM
From what I've been told, it's made from leftover RPS components. They just mix together the different color shell materials. That's why it's always somr weird color. Shoots good for me in the medium bore barrels that I got.

TheTramp
10-29-2001, 09:28 AM
Big Ball is one of the only brands of paint I will not put through my Mag. I used to shoot a lot of it because it was the field paint where I used to go. I hated it so much that I started going to a different place just to get away from that paint. Huge ID, bounced constantly, and very inconsiantly shaped.

markhauguel
10-29-2001, 10:35 AM
I have used big ball paint because it was field paint only. I never had any problems with it. There is shiny and flat finish and both worked well. Because of a management change at my field we now use severe paint. I would stay away from the recieving end of this paint because it rarely breaks. This causes overshooting because you need to hit 4-5 for one break. This realy beat up someones arm that I was shooting at. I personally like big ball paint and a lapco big shot barrel or the stock minimag barrel.

AkaEnder
10-29-2001, 11:37 AM
Bigball IS just leftover RPS components. They keep scraping up leftovers that come from the higher grade of paints, and eventually when they have enough they make bigball - which IMO is pretty sucky. The shells are incredibly thick, the shape is inconsistant, and alot of times the paint color is a greyish/green looking color that does a poor job of marking.

That being said, alot of folks use the stuff. ;)

squall
10-29-2001, 01:00 PM
I have had lots of big ball break in my smart parts all-american barrel and in my stock minimag barrel. I had to switch to some Inferno to finish playing a tournament two weekends ago at Pev's. I couldn't get enough balls out of the barrel to tell if they were bouncing or not... Big Ball is mostly a field paint so it is pretty cheap, but I am not a big fan.

fanera17
10-29-2001, 04:12 PM
I used Big Ball many time and it's a good pain for some backyard play or practice paint because it's cheap compare to other brands (I still think that paint is way to expensive).