PDA

View Full Version : Difference between A Apocolypse and Armageddon?

warbeak2099
09-26-2004, 01:05 PM
What is the difference between these two tanks? I'm thinking of getting either of those or a Flatline. Is there a reason the Apoc is more expensive? Also, do they come with a rail to mount them or or would I need to buy one like a CP or something?
Thanks,
Pete

vf-xx
09-26-2004, 01:28 PM
If you buy them new I beleive that they come with a rail.

The only difference that I'm aware of is that the Apoc has a built in on/off, whereas the Geddon doesn't.

I have 2 geddons right now and they work great on my mags.

Raven001
09-26-2004, 04:40 PM
I could be wrong here but the Armagedon had a stainless steel reg with an on off, the Apox is aluminium and the older version did not have an on of swithch. (I could have this *** backwards though). I think the new ones do though. The main diff I saw was a weight difference.

Sorry for the spelling misteaks :)

vf-xx
09-26-2004, 08:58 PM
Both of my geddon's have Aluminum regs.

I think it's the other way around.

Shane-O-Mac
09-27-2004, 09:53 AM
Well, the newer apocalypse 2k is aluminum, has an on/off lever, and the bottle is not removeable. works best on higher pressure guns. also Has an on/off lever. but will work fine on lp guns also. a tiny bit lighter than the Armageddon.

Aramgeddon, removeable tank, that acts as an on/off, can be removed woithout adjusting pressure down. works best on lp guns, but will work on ANY gun just fine. a tiny bit heavier than the Apocalypse.

Note: a secondary reg MUST be used with these air systems, unless it is a mag.

Shane-O

warbeak2099
09-27-2004, 09:18 PM
They both have on/off capabilities and can be adjusted to around 1000psi for bounce though, right? That's all I want.

Oh, and are you saying the geddon is a screw-in that screws into the geddon reg?

eNder159
09-27-2004, 11:10 PM
They both have on/off capabilities and can be adjusted to around 1000psi for bounce though, right? That's all I want.

Oh, and are you saying the geddon is a screw-in that screws into the geddon reg?

yea

kdawg
09-28-2004, 05:10 AM

Both will work for what you want.

The APOC has a true on/off. It is a lever on the bottom of the reg that you turn 90degrees.

The Geddon doesn't really have an on/off. You have to lower the pressure to zero to shut it off. The bottle on this is removeable. It screws directly into the reg housing.

The both are adjustable from around 200-1000 psi so great for mags.
Also have lifetime warranties

you can read up on them both at :
http://www.airamerica.com/manuals.htm
http://www.airamerica.com/airsystems.htm

I have had both and am currently using an older APOC (stainless reg). They are both great systems but I personally like the apoc more. Mainly for the on/off.

warbeak2099
09-28-2004, 01:25 PM
The unscrewable feature seems cool on the geddon tho. I'll get whichever I can find cheaper i guess. I'm looking to pay around $200-220 for a used one (or a Flatline). Is that realistic? I've seen em go for that on the b/s/t forum on here.

Shane-O-Mac
09-28-2004, 11:46 PM
on an Armageddon, you dont have to adjust the pressure down to turn it "off". just unscrew the bottle, no need to change your output settings. the 'geddon is more like a 2 piece airsystem, than a screwin reg is. it unscrews at the half way point of the regulator. and as others have stated, yes it will work great for a mag.

$200-$250 is an easily attainable price for a used 'geddon. and there are apocalypse 2k's out there for around $250 also.

Shane-O

eNder159
09-29-2004, 11:12 AM
lol i just saw the manual for the armaggedon..and they're using an old school 68 mag =o) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: