PDA

View Full Version : dye atc's for regular wear

dirty_canadian4894
09-26-2004, 02:48 PM
i kinda like the looks of the dye atc shoes and i was wondering if they would be ok for me to wear to school and work and stuff. ive never seen them in real life just online but are they ok everyday shoes?

DiSoRdeR
09-26-2004, 02:53 PM
There shoes so I dont see why not ;)

jayloo
09-26-2004, 03:12 PM
You could but they tend to be noisy on regular floors. I am not usre how confortable they would be form normal wear and walking. I wore mine till they fell apart. They were awsome but they got replaced by a pair of Nike football cleats for 35 bucks.

demonguy8
09-26-2004, 03:48 PM
Im still wearing a pair of em as my main shoes... I ironically have NEVER worn them playing paintball yet :rolleyes: .

The cleat like treads on the bottom will make your feet cry for the first few days you wear em if your used to normal runningshoes. It s like wearing heavy duty work boots... your feet just need to adjust.. But after a few days, its all gravy.

personman
09-26-2004, 03:52 PM
I have been wearing mine for almost two years (and they are starting to fall apart haha)
I wear them everywhere. I never have seen an advantage over regular shoes with paintballing, but these are nifty.. I like the zipper, you dont even have to tie the laces, just stuff the laces in there, zip it up, and use em as slip ons ;)

They're great and pretty comfortable, until you get that nubie at school whos like
"OMGZLOL! WTFBBQ! R THOSSS DYE SHOES! !GOGOMGOM !!! LOLZ BONER! YOU MUST BE A PRO!"

RT pRo AuToMaG
09-26-2004, 04:12 PM
Well, Dye says that you shouldn't wear them when walking on cement b/c it could cause premature wear, but they should be alright. They are cleats though, so it is weird to walk on hard ground with them and they pick up a ton of dirt, or at least my ATC's pick up a lot of dirt.

Warewolf50
09-26-2004, 04:34 PM
!!! LOLZ BONER! !"

hahahahahahaha

meshaq
09-26-2004, 05:32 PM
they should be fine for wearing as a regular shoe. a kid i paintball with told his parents that if they bought them for him, hed wear them to school, and he did.

Wc Keep
09-26-2004, 10:30 PM
how does dye size the atc in comparison to like adidas running shoes?

also its not good to wear full blown studs on concrete, not turf shoes but actual cleats, because itll cause damage to your spinal column. its why soccer players always wear sandals to the field and not their cleats.

Glickman
09-26-2004, 11:17 PM
i used to wear them all the time, it was expecially fun playing gym football and kicking people with them :D

Torbo
09-27-2004, 10:32 AM
how does dye size the atc in comparison to like adidas running shoes?

also its not good to wear full blown studs on concrete, not turf shoes but actual cleats, because itll cause damage to your spinal column. its why soccer players always wear sandals to the field and not their cleats.

i think theyre about the same size. Get youre size, they'll feel really tight for a while, but theyll loosen up and fit perfactly.

Whats the verdict on dye cleats then? are they full blown studs, and therefore will cause dpinal damage?

Chronobreak
09-27-2004, 11:38 AM
if i did that the 2 people who know what dye is would laugh and redicule me the toehrs would be like wtf is dye and why is he wearing cleat shoes to sckool. :p

Wc Keep
09-27-2004, 01:24 PM
i think theyre about the same size. Get youre size, they'll feel really tight for a while, but theyll loosen up and fit perfactly.

Whats the verdict on dye cleats then? are they full blown studs, and therefore will cause dpinal damage?

thanks for the info on the sizing.

dyes arent cleats. they are turf shoes. the ones with studs of 16 mm are the ones you really dont want to wear since you will have to to walk on concrete. ie soccer and football cleats.

AcemanPB
09-27-2004, 01:40 PM
I don't see what the big deal about DYE ATC's are. I have a pair of 40 dollar Adidas cleats that work much better than the ATC's ever could. The Adidas are much, much lighter give me a more solid "connection" to the ground all for half the price. Although the ATC's are better than normal running shoes. I still don't undertand why so many people play speedball normal tennis shoes or boots... too heavy and you just can't run fast enough.