PDA

View Full Version : General RT questions

Raven001
09-26-2004, 04:53 PM
I took my RT ULE out yesterday for the first time. Overall I like the marker but I have two annoyances.

I noticed that there was a variance in distance from one shot to the other. Not always but noticable. Over the chrono I would get a variance of up to 20 fps. I am using a lapco bigshot barrel, centerflag preset tank, Unimount on off and I have the level 10 and ULT. Creative Mayhem was there and thought that it might be the reg on the tank but I noticed that the variations were more noticable in single shots rather than rapid fire.

The second was that sometimes, I would air up, shoot a sting of shots, move to a different location and go to shoot and the marker would not shoot. I would have to degass and gas up again? any ideas on either.

Last regarding the chrono. IF I have been rapid firing, and then shoot over the chrono, should the shots be consistant ie: 5 fps + or - ?

Thanks

StickFigurSicide
09-26-2004, 07:45 PM
Well, for the not shooting every once in a while problem, it sounds like your LVL 10 has bolt stick (at least, that was the problem with mine when it wouldnt fire in similar situations). There are a whole bunch of threads in the tech section about how to fix this, but i think you might need to use the next bigger spacer.

And for the massive velocity fluxes, could it be bad paint to barrel match? Bigshots have a pretty big bore, and if you're using small paint....

Hope that helps,
Stick

frischtr
09-26-2004, 08:31 PM
I took my RT ULE out yesterday for the first time.

I noticed that there was a variance in distance from one shot to the other. Not always but noticable. Over the chrono I would get a variance of up to 20 fps.
Thanks

Is the X-Valve brand new? If so, it may just need a little break-in time...

Kevmaster
09-26-2004, 08:53 PM
was it just bouncing around or was it always like a 20fps drop or increase?

if it was bounging around 90% its the paint. paint just is not well designed to shoot consistantly. thats likely your problem

if its a consistant inconsistancy,then its prolly your levle 10

Danman69
09-26-2004, 09:15 PM
you need to lube up your ULT, when i first got mine i shot it and after a little while the sear wouldnt return my trigger. You need to just smoother the ULT assembly in oil. Sometiems it still wont return so you need to hit the back of the valve with your palm pretty hard and it should return the sear. Also If you read the "how to chrono your RT" sheet that comes with the marker, it says that it is more consistent at higher speeds (bps) and if you want to chrono consistently then you should shoot one ball, hold down the trigger, release and pull again as fast as you can, repeating holding down every time. This simulates the rapid fire so you are more consistent.