PDA

View Full Version : Help me please!!

LunchBox89
09-26-2004, 05:04 PM
ok i have a ptp micro arena mag. I gased it up today with c02 the trigger got stiff so i knew the air was flowing i pulled the trigger and the bolt didnt move and it was just a pffft so i thought maybe my ball detent was to tight and infecting the spring so i took it off and tryed no good.

here is my total noob question:
i have my spring in front of my bolt and it slides over the bolt is that right

VFX_Fenix
09-26-2004, 06:32 PM
Yes, the return spring rides over the bolt and infront of it.

LunchBox89
09-26-2004, 06:38 PM
ok theres one question i hope i dont have to pick up a xvalve now because this valve wont work

AGMICROMAG
09-26-2004, 09:59 PM
picking up an x-valve is exciting.....great things happen!

LunchBox89
09-27-2004, 07:44 PM
i know i want to get a xvalve put the money tree has seemed to have run out

athomas
09-28-2004, 08:32 AM
Try increasing the velocity.

kevdupuis
09-28-2004, 02:00 PM
Try increasing the velocity.

I've forgotten about this fix before, play around with the mag for half an hour only to realize I didn't turn the velocity up.

Lunch box on a side note.
Do you have a field nearby, I was thinking of heading down your way and if you were interested, going through your mag with you and get some light play in.

LunchBox89
09-28-2004, 02:17 PM
the nearest feild is outback and at the moment i have a mask and my mag and a vl 200 and no money until after this weekend i should have 70 (hopefully) and when i try to turn the velocity up it wont budge it feels like im going to ether break the allen key or the screw

darrickws
09-28-2004, 02:45 PM
Make sure when gassed up there is enough space to fit a dime between the sear rod and the back of the trigger. I have had it move forward before. If the rod is pushed had against the back of the trigger, then the on/off is not getting charged. This happens alot when you put a benchmark trigger frame on or sometimes the rod comes loose and slowly creeps forward.

If this is the problem, you need the screw the rod back a turn or two, until you can fit a dime between the trigger and rod WHEN GASSED UP.

gl!

kevdupuis
09-28-2004, 03:58 PM
the nearest feild is outback and at the moment i have a mask and my mag and a vl 200 and no money until after this weekend i should have 70 (hopefully) and when i try to turn the velocity up it wont budge it feels like im going to ether break the allen key or the screw

No problem the wife and I will be in the area on Saturday. If you want we can go through the mag, set it up, find a spot and burn through some old paint I have.

LunchBox89
09-28-2004, 08:48 PM
i dont think ill have a drive out this weekend :( moms working

LunchBox89
10-01-2004, 03:15 PM
Can some one please help me i cant turn it its so hard that i think it might even be in all the way so i dont think its the pressure :cry:

athomas
10-02-2004, 12:14 PM
Take the valve apart and clean it, including the back section where the regulator piston assembly is. This will verify that the adjuster and piston is moving freely as well.

kevdupuis
10-02-2004, 07:35 PM
Lunchbox, why don't I come to Port Hope tomorrow with my tools and I 'll go through your mag with you. It sounds as if something is really binding in the back of the valve.
I have plenty of spare pieces, so we should be able to get it working properly.

Just have to load wife, tool box and some air tanks in the van.

LunchBox89
10-03-2004, 10:00 AM
dude that would be sweet but i wont be around being 15 doesent give me much freedom i have to go out to my grand ma's shes in a nursing home in belleville thanks for the offer dude

add me to msn and we can set up a time cause i would really love to get my mag working my msn name is [email protected]

i gotta say thanks for offering to help me

kevdupuis
10-03-2004, 10:47 AM
I'm not on msn, but just throw an email to [email protected] , or pm me.
If you check before you leave I will give you my address in Belleville.

LunchBox89
10-03-2004, 11:02 AM
my mom and dad just left with out me because i was supposed to go help build bunkers and video tape some friends play some outlaw ball real fun i know but that fell through so did you grow up in bellville because my dad did and all his 3 brothers and 1 sister did

kevdupuis
10-03-2004, 11:10 AM
No, I'm a prairie boy, I moved here after I left the military.
So do you want to fix the mag today, if it's ok I can head down and we can get it done.

Forgot, just pm me.

LunchBox89
10-03-2004, 11:39 AM
i think i have it fixed :clap: so as i was reading your message i thought im being a wuss i dont want some one to drive 45 just to help me so i figured out the velocity thin i unscewed the 2 screws and greased the velocity nut and the spring pack assemble they where dirty :wow: so i got that done then i opened up my on/off wow that wasent clean ether so i cleaned it up im in the prosessed of cleaning up my power tube assemble man i want to thank you so much for offering to help me out with my way around my mag but i think i got the hold of her and if your ever up in marmora at bunkers ill get you some paint
thanks a ton every one :clap:

kevdupuis
10-03-2004, 11:44 AM
NP, I try to help when I can.

LunchBox89
10-03-2004, 11:57 AM
now that it works i can make it work just that much better ;) i used to be scared of taking it all apart cause you look at the manual and you think holy thats alot of parts but really it doesent seem to be that much