PDA

View Full Version : blazer or mag?

justjoshin590
09-26-2004, 07:03 PM
after deciding i should get a blazer over a cocker, i then started wondering, should i get an automag with a good barrel kit or a palmers blazer? this would be for speedball, but i also want to use it for recball and scenario, i do not do electro at all, and my biggestthing with a gun isnt bps but acuracy and range

Shorty
09-26-2004, 07:31 PM
Building a nice ULE mag would be the better value, and it would be just as accurate with a good paint to barrel match. You'd pretty much need high pressure air though, while a blazer with a stabilizer and anti-syphon will work well on CO2. Both are very close in terms of size and lightness. Try both if you can, but I don't think you'd be dissappointed with either one.

justjoshin590
09-26-2004, 07:36 PM
ok, thanks foe teh reply, i was thinking of rt custom with y-grip and tac-one body, but i really dont know enough about automags to know what else i would want, im thinking of getting a barrel kit, what would you suggest, and btw ive got a 900psi output pure energy tank, i dont care about bps as much as acuracy, range, and consistancy

68magOwner
09-26-2004, 07:50 PM
no marker will have an accuracy or range advantage over any other, but i still would pick up a blazer over another mag for personal preferance

justjoshin590
09-26-2004, 07:53 PM
ok, so why would YOU get the blazer over a mag?

barberjohn
09-26-2004, 07:57 PM
well, they are pretty much the same size and weight, if you get a mag with a ule body. the blazer will most likely have a nicer trigger, especially with the new double trigger configuration they are doing now. blazer will cost more, and barrel options will be very low, but you most likely will not see many of them around. they both are about the same when it comes to dependability, but the blazer will probably when with efficiency. it really depends on if you have the money, and if you do, i would definately go with the blazer, and pick up a couple of extra palmers barrels along with it.

justjoshin590
09-26-2004, 08:28 PM
ok, you seem to be a very helpfull, person, and after being told for 4 pages i should get an eblade over on the worr forum after in my very first post and everyone after that i said i dont do electro, i felt like i had just gotten a little stupider, but why the extra barrel? i was basically just going to get the best one they sold and stick with that

hobbesTZ
09-26-2004, 08:42 PM
I'd go with the Blazer for the simple fact that it's unique. It will also run on CO2, while the 'mag will not. Also, if you want to have control over your 'mag trigger, you'll need an adjustable tank reg. too. Since you don't seem to care about speed, I'd go with the Blazer.

lbonettosd
09-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Palmer makes some extremely nice products, but what if your playing style changes or you want a different look. I know that there are like a gagillion different ways to setup a mag and only a few with the blazer. A mag isn't as efficient as a blazer, but i think it shoots just as nice. The only other thing that keeps me from gettin a palmer, even though they are just awesome guns, is the price. That's my .02....

justjoshin590
09-26-2004, 08:45 PM
i acually will be using hpa, but it is nice to be able to whip out a 3.5 ounce incase i run out
thank you everyone for your help in my decision :cheers: :clap:

dj89
09-26-2004, 08:48 PM
I'd go with the Blazer for the simple fact that it's unique. It will also run on CO2, while the 'mag will not. Also, if you want to have control over your 'mag trigger, you'll need an adjustable tank reg. too. Since you don't seem to care about speed, I'd go with the Blazer.

some mags will run on c02 :rolleyes:

and with ult you have some control

go my cuzen has a blazer it'e nice but i would never sell any of my mags for a blazer.

barberjohn
09-26-2004, 08:53 PM
ok, you seem to be a very helpfull, person, and after being told for 4 pages i should get an eblade over on the worr forum after in my very first post and everyone after that i said i dont do electro, i felt like i had just gotten a little stupider, but why the extra barrel? i was basically just going to get the best one they sold and stick with that
i will always say go with alteast two barrels when getting a gun, unless you are getting a barrel kit. the reason is because it will be alot easier to just get two or three different bored barrels when you get your blazer, and will allow you to get the best paint to bore match that would give you unparralled accuracy. oh, and all of palmer's barrels are incrediable, it doesnt matter if it is nickel plated, ported, or anything else, they are just amazing barrels. you do what you can afford, but i would suggest getting mutiple barrels.

hobbesTZ
09-27-2004, 09:17 AM
some mags will run on c02 :rolleyes:

I just assumed he wanted the ULE RT Custom...the value is unmatched :hail:

Tyril
09-27-2004, 09:32 AM
It's all about feel.

I know that's not what you want to hear... but see if you can locate one of each, and fire off some rounds on both.

I had an absolutely beautiful ULE Mag

ULE body
X Valve
I frame
Adjustible tank
Perfectly tuned level 10

Then, for $350, I bought a blazer from ebay.

<2k serial (older style)
.45 frame, single trigger
10" ported, matched brass barrel
Male Stabilizer

And since I picked that blazer up, my mag has merely taken up space in my gear bag.

Oh, it's definately true that my mag is faster, and, with a tuned level 10, it never breaks paint.... but the blazer just feels better. The trigger is perfect. Short, but not uncomfortably so. A great mechanical 'feel' to it. A great combination of snappy and pull. And the bolt design is genius. I love it.

Consistancy wise, there isn't much of a difference. Same with accuracy. Weight is pretty close. The blazer is a bit more efficient, but that matters little to me. The palmer's barrel seems to have the knack of being able to shoot any paint I can find. A box of marbs shot just as well as a $20 box of Dick's special (once they were cleaned up a bit).

Overall, use what you like... they both are excellent markers.

But for me, I'm a convert palmerite.

(anyone want to buy a nice mag? ;) )

-mike

Automaggot68
09-27-2004, 12:36 PM
well, they are pretty much the same size and weight, if you get a mag with a ule body. the blazer will most likely have a nicer trigger, especially with the new double trigger configuration they are doing now. blazer will cost more, and barrel options will be very low, but you most likely will not see many of them around. they both are about the same when it comes to dependability, but the blazer will probably when with efficiency. it really depends on if you have the money, and if you do, i would definately go with the blazer, and pick up a couple of extra palmers barrels along with it.

Yeah, barberJohn is a damned good poster when it comes to this kind of thing. (and a good trader)
I've always loved the feel of the Blazer, and a buddy let me use his a few months ago at a feild here.
It fired butterysmooth and as fast as I could work that double trigger. If I had the money, I'd go for the blazer, but only because you really dont see them as much. both AGD and Palmer Make Excellent Products.
If you had any further questions that havent been answered already (my post sucked, lol) I'd say PM Paladin here on AO, that there's Glenn Palmer, and Im sure once he gets the time, he'd tell you why his markers are top notch

justjoshin590
09-27-2004, 02:26 PM
well i just called palmers, im not sure who i talked to, but she told me that for the setup i wanted ited be 600$ thats the right feed blazer with 12 inch vented barrel and regulator, on top of that id want the hand guard 15 degree adapter and slider sleeve, so all together ill be paying well under 700$

dj89
09-27-2004, 02:55 PM
ouch :wow:

time for used

Tyril
09-27-2004, 05:03 PM
*grin*

Always buy used ;)

-mike

justjoshin590
09-27-2004, 05:35 PM
sorry but no used for me, if i buy something itas my baby, and yes ill be paying for the hole thing, so money DOES matter to me, its just worth it to get exactely what i want, but f anyone in massachusetts willing to go to fox4 paintball in upton wanst to sell a blazer then let me know

Koosh
09-27-2004, 05:41 PM
I think it'd be worth the extra $40 to get center feed...

I can NEVER get an elbow to stay "unbroken", so I'd EASILY go through $40 in elbows over the years I'd own a blazer...

justjoshin590
09-27-2004, 05:44 PM
im pretty sure its only 30$ but thanks, is there anyway to mount a weaver scope or somethign with the center feed?

vonort
09-27-2004, 08:47 PM
Get one of Palmers metal elbows. A little pricey at $60 but well worth it. I got one for my Hurricaine and love it. I'll probably get a second one for my Blazer so I don't have to switch them out. And that way if I am using one gun somebody else can use my other. I love the Blazer. I know this much. I will not be buying another autococker anytime soon. I agree with you on the buying new over used. All though I did buy my Blazer off of Ebay. It was set up the way I wanted and picked it up for $400. You only need one barrel from Palmer. The wedgit system works great. And nothing beats brass for accuracy. Glenn is a genius. ;)

hobbesTZ
09-27-2004, 09:19 PM
I have a tough as nails elbow that looks like it's 90 years old. It's made out of what seems to be the same material as the pre-BE revvys, and it has always fit my 'cockers/'mags and all my loaders (All VL). That beast could withstand anything.