PDA

View Full Version : All-Star paint

PowerFedMag
10-28-2001, 09:23 PM
What quality and bore exactly is All-Star. Also what shell thickness is it? anything else, such as barrels that work awseome with it???

:cool:

DJTmRave3
10-28-2001, 09:45 PM
All-Star is good paint. Before our Nelson paint sponsorship, Rave shot All-star. We all use Dye Boomies (.688 & .690). It shot great with these bore sizes. It has a kinda think shell, so it bounces every once in awhile. It has a nice thick bright fill also. Good paint in my opinion.

Major Ho
10-29-2001, 10:58 AM
Odd. I was always told it was a ultra small bore. like .684 or something. Dunno, just what ive been told. That and I thought it was brittle and consistent so a lot of the guys use it cuz it always broke on the other guy.
Once again, all what Ive been told. I would try it myself but I wanted a small bore barrel to do it with which was unvailable

DJTmRave3
10-29-2001, 12:12 PM
I think the new All-star is a smaller bore paint. We got our Nelson sponsorship when it was being released, so i have not shot much of it. I did shoot a few tubes of it one day that someone gave me. It shot great from my .690 Boomie. The fill seemed to be not as thick as the old All-star but it was still good. I didnt pay that much attention to how it broke though. If I was not sponsored by Nelson, I would probably be shooting All-star.

FeelTheRT
10-29-2001, 01:48 PM
All Star is small bore around .686 of an inch.. somewhere around that.

and its is not thick. It is very very brittle, breaks on just about anything. I hear the Advantage shell breaks even easier now? I'm not sure about that but it's just what i herd.

TheTramp
10-29-2001, 02:39 PM
All Star is great paint. Small and brittle. I'd use it all the time but PMI is so much cheaper and still good.

magc68
10-29-2001, 02:44 PM
if u like all star paint try the slam ball paint. between the 2 i like slam ball better. or better yet. go get some evil marbalizer stuff. absolutly disgusing stuff.

Ball Buster
10-29-2001, 02:49 PM
I love all stars and marbs.. it's great pain and not easily wipeable... i've yet to have a bouncer with either of the paints.. all stars are small bore.. smaller than the marbs.. so something like a lapco autospirit aught to do nicely with it.. I usually shoot all stars or marbs.. This weekend I let a friend of mine (cough cough LOAD SM5 cough) pick out some paint.. Man.. :) he got some of the advantage.. Talk about thin shells.. this stuff was rediculous.. There were 3 of us using this paint.. and 3 of us were shooting spray.. 2 out of 3 balls blew apart in the barrel.. In two mags and an emag.. we took it back and got some all stars (like LOAD should have picked in the first place! :) ) and were very pleased.. :)

PowerFedMag
10-29-2001, 03:12 PM
Well the reason I asked is becuase I often have a pain in the ARMY time with paint breaking in my gun. A guy with a Mag was using a SP AA w\Marbs, no super accurate, but no breaks etc....
I used some 15$ for 500 orange paint, I think a no name generic Diablo, it was EXTREMLY accurate in my DYE Alum., but it busted a ball every 20-50 shots, and after that...accuracy was lost.

I will try ALL-Star next, mostly the barrel breaks get me PO'ed so I want a thick shelled paint for my BIG SHOT, or DYE Aluminum.
I tried some ProBall PLatinum I think (maybe classic???), it had dents on almost every ball, and curved a bit, not super accurate, broke about 4-10x per 500 rounds...

:cool:

Load SM5
10-29-2001, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Ball Buster
I love all stars and marbs.. it's great pain and not easily wipeable... i've yet to have a bouncer with either of the paints.. all stars are small bore.. smaller than the marbs.. so something like a lapco autospirit aught to do nicely with it.. I usually shoot all stars or marbs.. This weekend I let a friend of mine (cough cough LOAD SM5 cough) pick out some paint.. Man.. :) he got some of the advantage.. Talk about thin shells.. this stuff was rediculous.. There were 3 of us using this paint.. and 3 of us were shooting spray.. 2 out of 3 balls blew apart in the barrel.. In two mags and an emag.. we took it back and got some all stars (like LOAD should have picked in the first place! :) ) and were very pleased.. :)

I submit, the paint was warped. I was told the the stuff was shooting good and should give it a shot. Your apathy in regards to my paint choice told me you really didn't care what I got as long as it was round and goo filled. If you really wanted stars then you should have said "I WANT MARBS." Goober!:D
I'll know next time not to trust the refs. Obviously they don't know what they're talking about. The advantage was pretty poopy.

Major Ho
10-29-2001, 09:14 PM
Load, you have some great sigs. First power rangers(Go Pink Ranger(Erin Cahill)) and then The Tick!
SPOOOOOON!
That slam stuff broke like bloody hell in my dye stainless(cocker)

Smokee_2_7
10-29-2001, 11:56 PM
Load, what is this? were you guys playing at NAP?- - - what do you mean you shouldn't trust the refs? :) exactly who sugested this paint, anyway. . . . If I was there. . you know what i would have said to shoot- - - all stars. the slamball is nice, but imop, not as good as the stars. nice nasty yellow fill, though. Anyway, im just curious as to who recomended the paint. . ahsmatic or his friend?
lol. if you dont know who im talking about, IM me and ill fill you in.