PDA

View Full Version : First Tourny, 2nd place, viking=success

ProX9
09-26-2004, 11:27 PM
So I played my very first tourney today, a 3-man beginner tourny at extreme in modesto. There were two fields, hyperball and airball; hyperball was good but airball was awesome. In our first game we were nervous as hell, all of us had never played a tourny. But we ended up shooting two of them and losing track of the other who conveniently showed up beside me while my friend was reloading. Fortunately our last player got him and hung the flag for a total of 62 out of 66 points. prelims were six games and we ended up winning 5 out of 6. Some of the regrettable moments on our teams part were me hanging the flag on the wrong side and my friend shooting me in the pack. The game where I the flag on the wrong could be somewhat explained, well no it can't but one of their players had his gun sticking in and out of the dead box and he was popping out when i didnt shoot and going back in when i did, the only thing was he was out and the dead box lines up perfectly with the center stand up and it looked like he was still playing, although he never shot at me. Regardless of that, we made it to the semi finals where we really dominated, the three games we played must of lasted one to two minutes if you added up the times there were live players on the other team. 62-66-66 were our scores for the semis, tied for first with epic-2 which people in norcal probably know about. So in the finals we destroy our first opponent 66-0, who we lost to in the prelims. The second game was our only against epic who never lost a game all day, every score above 62. we lost 0-66. the third game was key to our success, the most important thing was i pulled the flag at the fifty, fifteen points. I tryed to finish off the game but one their players rushed to their 40, I wrapped and saw her on her way around to bunker me so i came back and popped out and shot her atleast 6 times and she pops me once after 3-6 balls hit her, disappointing to say the least, since she obviously just snuck that shot in to get me out after I completely owned her, and her chest. Anyways we ended up getting second place by
I think less than 15 points, remember the flagpull? Epic-2 beat us by almost 100 points, imo they made the day a battle for second place and didnt exactly belong in this tourney. So we won a huge trophy, huge, and 3 spyder imagines. First place got the highly coveted CCM J-5 autocockers, a slightly larger trophy and medals.

Over all, second place for three guys who never played a tourny is awesome.

Other details that are important yet left out:
Our team name was Fallacy by the way.
We didnt have set positions but I liked playing back with the viking.
The other two guns on the team were a b2k4 and a b2k2, both were rocking along with my gun.
The names of our players are Matt(me), Angel(rasta brotha), and Jam(this dude with hella hair). We never even played together before this and we still made a great team.
Viking report: all day it ripped 18bps, db at 4 and never a single bit of bounce and incredible speed. I got checked all 3 games during finals and they could not bounce it, one of epic-2's guns was bouncing and my friends b2k2 was actually bouncing a little bit, but he had an eggy so its not like he was achieving higher bps over it. I had ZERO chops all day out of 3k balls and not one hot gun call because i was very consistent. The kick was unnoticable with the MM, i never thought about kick all day, except how little there was. Vikings are where its at for tourney guns and I played in every spot and my viking never once held me back in any way.

I almost or actually did forget to mention that Z-man and team ESP were there which was a pleasant suprise to see zack in tourney mode.

Glickman
09-26-2004, 11:34 PM
congrats!

seems like you enjoyed it.

athough z-man in tourny mode might be a little disgruntling to young children :rofl: j/k your movies are always great.

also seemed like your team had very good chemistry, and you should probably follow up with that.

good job, i present, your "offical" cheering squad:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

LittlePaintballBoy
09-26-2004, 11:34 PM
Good job, Matt!

ProX9
09-26-2004, 11:37 PM
our team was very soluble, speaking of chemistry. We will be appearing again as soon as possible with more practice and some new gear payed for by our new imagines which are f/s.

Z-man
09-27-2004, 12:50 AM
Actually we did not do very well. I am thrilled to see that Prox9 rocked the tourney! I have discovered that myself (and it seems much of Team ESP) have the bad habit of being a little slow on the get go. We got rolled the first 3 games we played. Just did not have that feeling you get when you are working as a team.

Unfortunately our rhythm kicked in too late. We clean swept game 4, 5 ,6 and 7 but it was not enough. The worst part was that we were told that we DID get to the semifinals but then informed that we had missed it by like 5-6 points I forget. Oh well. It was my 3rd tourney, first time playing a 3 man and first time playing with Spike and Roger.... sorta the same position as Prox9 :p Just goes to show that skill is not based on years playing, equipment or anything like that.

I am just sorry we did not get to play each other :(