PDA

View Full Version : Erratic velocity on a Xmag

Hellaspaint
09-27-2004, 02:35 PM
Everybody knows that if we have big difference in velocity on an Xmag we are changing the regulator seat oring as first move!! Ok
but i took off the valve pin and i find that the small hard spacer between two orings is broken!!! i change it... there is one in the parts kit!!! It was difficult to put again the small metal part that holds in place the orings!

I suppose that the broken spacer can cause erratic velocity but i am not 100% sure.

What do you think??

I did not test it after the changing yet!!!!

darrickws
09-27-2004, 03:00 PM
That oring is supposed to have the cut in it! If you read the specs on AGD, you will see it comes that way. I found that when reg seat oring didnt fix velocity problem, I had a problem when the level 10 carrier was too tight. If it is, it causes "bolt stick" so velocity depends on how bad the bolt stuck on each shot. Try a larger carrier...if it doesnt leak air down the barrel, then it should help.

Good Luck!

darthp
10-02-2004, 09:40 PM
ok, the field owners automag with a rt valve and lvl 10 leaked out the barrel, so I went down a carrier size from the 1.5 to a 1.0 and it doesn't leak now. But now the velocity is all over and the bolt is sticking so I changed the reg seat o-ring and have added up to 4 shims in the lvl 10, and tried all the springs. The middle spring seems to stop the sticking with only 2 shims, but what about the velocity. Now every time we gas it up the bolt won't reset without pushing it in with a squegee.

MonsterMag
10-02-2004, 09:44 PM
hmmm :rolleyes:

I have no clue on this one :(
sorry i cant help :(

darthp
10-02-2004, 09:54 PM
Thanks emagballa for the speedy reply. We spent about three hours today changing and trying different things with all the same thing. The 1.5 leaks and the 1.0 seems too tight. But the major prob is the velocity. It went from 300-187 within three shots. I'm stumped to. Can any body help.

VR4SL
10-03-2004, 12:49 AM
Hmm... sounds to me like you have multiple overlying problems. I would suggest:

-Buy an X-Valve o-ring rebuild kit. Replace them ALL.
-Oil & Fire 500 shots or so.

That should take care of your velocity issue.

One other thing to check, just make sure your sear isnt binding. pull out the valve, and remove the left grip frame cover and move the sear by hand, just make sure it moves freely thoughout its stroke.

As far as Level-10, remove your carrier assembly, and replace it with the 2.0 Carrier and a NEW O-ring. add 2 shims and put back on short spring.

Oil it up, and fire it 200+ shots. If it leaks, drop .5 carrier size.

Play with the marker for a few days, and then check to see if the O-ring is loose enough to put back on the medium spring. Adjust accordingly.

No reason to really go with the longest spring, it is a PITA to tune unless you can shoot 300 FPS all the time.

If you still cant figure it out or just dont feel like dealing with it, feel free to send it to me. I have rebuilt MANY X-Mags and X-valves, havent had one stump me yet.