PDA

View Full Version : timmys! what do you guys think of em?

oneworld
09-27-2004, 02:39 PM
ok..i just sent out a mo for my very first timmy...its a 2k2!
and im soo exited,,and i just want to no what you guys thought of them??

The Action Figure
09-27-2004, 02:45 PM
there overrated though nice

teufelhunden
09-27-2004, 02:53 PM
Love 'em. Sweet decision.

danoxide
09-27-2004, 02:54 PM
kinda remind me of a choped up fast spyder...hmmm can';t figure out why tho :rolleyes:

:cheers:

Load SM5
09-27-2004, 03:09 PM
I've owned a 2K2 and I now own an Alias. Love it to death. Scary fast, consistant and light. Maintenance is a small and as easy as my mags. You'll love it. Just make sure you go ahead and get a tube of Dow 55 and some triflow for the bolt. The Dow can be found at www.paintballkingdom.com. The triflow can be picked up at a good bike shop. While your at PBK go ahead and get some replacement detents and an o-ring kit and you're set. Keep it clean and it will always put a smile on your face. :shooting:

68magOwner
09-27-2004, 03:14 PM
there overrated

not at all, IMO, they earn all there rave reviews

SlipknotX556
09-27-2004, 03:18 PM
2k2's are great, I loved mine when it was working. The last owner treated it like crap. As Load said, a tube of dow 55, tri flow. DO NOT use anything but dow 55, do not use oil or anything like that. Tri flow only goes on the bolt o rings. Clean and lube it after every use, treat it right, it will treat you right. Get an o ring package, buy like 2 extra high flow barbs, because the barbs are very easy to break, you never know when one will break.

For anything you need for your timmy, just go to www.paintballkingdom.com they are best place I have ever dealt with for timmy parts. I only buy my timmy supplies from them, great people at great prices.

Enjoy your timmy.

MonsterMag
09-27-2004, 03:19 PM
they nice :cheers:

oneworld
09-27-2004, 03:23 PM
thanks for all the help guys!

keep the info comeing

it helps alot

and just ordered the small bottle of dow!! 10 friggin $$$$ jeeze

but its better than a broken gun!!! 4 more days!

RogueFactoryKid
09-27-2004, 03:26 PM
My mommy just paid 900 for my new Lasoya its shiny and pretty i cant wait till it gets here :D

Timmee
09-27-2004, 03:30 PM
I personally didn't like mine (I preferred my BM2K over it), but I think a lot of that was due to the eyes not working (thus being stuck at 13 bps) and the fact that the grip frame feels too far away from the vert reg (at least for my tastes). I'd love to get an Alias frame for the Timmy I'm building, but I figure I'll save a couple hundred and get something unique (Alias frames were running about $450 used with no internals last I checked). :D

FSU_Paintball
09-27-2004, 03:41 PM
They're fast, efficient and consistent. Most of them are lightweight too. What I DON'T like about them is that they feel like a $600 gun... I just don't think they're made with great quality. Plus, they're not the most reliable things in the world, they have strange problems sometimes, but they'll usually treat you right. They're good guns... I wouldn't mind having an Alias.

wyn1370
09-27-2004, 03:51 PM
I'll take my alias over any other gun I've used... I think the only high end I haven't owned so far is a viking.

paintballer187
09-27-2004, 03:53 PM
If you take care of it, it will take care of you. I have never had a problem with any of my timmys and I have had my dragon for over a year and a species for the last few months (a few inbetween as well). They are easy to clean, easy to maintain and very upgradeable. They are consistent and fast as hell. BTW, what kind of board is in the 2k2 you're getting?

oneworld
09-27-2004, 04:08 PM
im not really sure on the bored

but does ne one to were to get some sweet upgrades at???

SlipknotX556
09-27-2004, 04:24 PM
im not really sure on the bored

but does ne one to were to get some sweet upgrades at???

Depends on the board, if its a stock SOB board, first thing is a WAS or frenzy board. Second thing would be a techna trigger, they are expensive but well worth it.

You can get a used WAS board on PBN, frenzy board at www.paintballkingdom.com

Techna trigger you can get at http://www.technatrigger.com/

Load SM5
09-27-2004, 04:24 PM
Not a whole lot of upgraxdes need but I highly recommend techna triggers. www.technatrigger.com. They're kind of pricey but considering they're all hand finished and very high quality you get what you pay for. They allow you to loose the trigger return spring and let the switch kick your trigger back. Makes for some very fast shooting. Criticalpaintball.com and 661paintball.com all have some good upgrades. Ram caps are nice if you find yourself having some double feeding issues with a HALO. Clamping rises are a really good idea. Other than that it's a lot of cosmetic stuff.

Python14
09-27-2004, 04:32 PM
If I had the money for any single gun to shoot for the rest of my life, I'd probably go for a ND timmy.

BTW, the reason I chose the ND and not just an empire or alias is because I love the paw print.

personman
09-27-2004, 04:48 PM
Overpriced for what you get IMO..
But I'm sure they're nice guns. I wouldnt mind owning one if it was cheap and I had the money.

C_22
09-27-2004, 04:52 PM
They are ok. Nice, fast and light. I had a Texas Strom (brand new). It chopped too much for me to like it; plus I never though the internals were neatly packed (or of good quality) and it felt cheap built. Don't get me wrong here, they ARE kool, fun and fast and they are certainly good gun options, but I was extremly happy when I got rid of my timmy.

andreb
09-27-2004, 07:16 PM
I almost bought a like new 2k2 with WAS. I decided not to because I wanted to spend the money with something else and I'm very happy with my Bushy. Anyway, 2k2's can be found for very honest prices...I just have a hard time paying two times what a 2k2 costs for an Alias, but that's just because I'm going through a "broke" period. If I had the money I would buy one. They look good and are good performers. So congrats on your new gun!

Fatjon
09-27-2004, 07:17 PM
I love mine. Ive probably put 6 cases through it now that i fixed the eye problem, without a chop. The gun has never let me down. I think it earns it review, and people are selling them cheap now because of all the new 04 timmies out.

Mosfet
09-27-2004, 07:47 PM
I had a GZ with CP Roller Swoop Trigger, and Chaos board.
Unfortunately it had the 45 frame which I hated.
Even more unfortunate was that I traded it away instead of just saving up for a clammy. :(
aw well. getting a shocker soon :P

They're fast.
not much more to say about that.
fast! with the right stuff of course.
And probably only trouble if you don't take care of them or get a bum one.

gc82000
09-27-2004, 08:06 PM
There is a guy selling his alias at a local store. He bought a Speed 05 and said he wanted a simpler gun. Hey dont flame me it is true.

Mosfet
09-27-2004, 08:10 PM
THats pretty funny.
I guess a speed is simpler in that theres less "surface" parts to deal with.

Its like a Mac vs PC. Less stuff you can screw with externally, but both have CPU, Ram, HD, Vid, CD, etc.

oldsoldier
09-27-2004, 09:28 PM
Hey, when I get back online, I will send you some helpful links. One thing you want to do, provided you have a dremel, is polish your reg springs. This will help with your consistency. You are gonna want to pick up some extras too; an adjustable ram cap, maybe an afermarket trigger, possibly a WAS board. You are gonna find this thing addictive to shoot. Dont let people tell you its a "spyder on steroids". That is an ignorant comment, from some who just plain dontr like/never shot one. The ONLY similarity is that it is a blowback, stacked tube design. Like most every other marker out there. Treat it nice, lube it every now and again, and you'll be a happy camper. Or paintballer, your choice :)

teufelhunden
09-27-2004, 09:51 PM
Intimidator isn't a blowback..

RRfireblade
09-27-2004, 10:13 PM
Had a few over the years, currently I have an ALIAS (like everyone else on the planet it seems.) ;)

They're definately not over rated. They do exactly what everyone says they do. Rediculously fast,very light,real efficent and great guns overall.

Do the have problems? Sure, a certain percentage of every type or marker that's ever been made have had 'some' problems. Sometimes it's a crap shoot.

Are there any inherent problems with them specifically? No, not really. They will require a little more maintanance than some other markers, they seem to be more dependant on a good 9v battery(or so it seems to me)and they will eat detents a little more often than others as well. Besides that, there pretty good.

Are they over priced? Sure, every electro that retails for over $500 is,IMO. Besides that,they're right there with every other high end marker that competes in that catagory so...

Will you like it ? Who the heck knows? :D Only you can answer that. You may or you may not, has nothing to do with the gun itself, it has to do with what YOU like like in a marker. If your not sure, you should have tried one first.If not, your gonna find out anyway.

Good luyck and let us know how it works out for you.

Jay.

oldsoldier
09-28-2004, 12:00 AM
Intimidator isn't a blowback..

bob long manual (http://www.boblong.com/newsite/downloads/pdfs/intimidatormanual.pdf) Eh, you're right...close though ;).

TheTramp
09-28-2004, 09:38 AM
One of the best thing about them IMO is that you can take a classic, add an "adjustable ram cap, maybe an afermarket trigger, possibly a Entropy/Was/etc board" (thanks OS :) ) and it will be just as nice as a brand new one.

Considering you can get a Classic for $400-$600, that takes away the "over-rated" argument. Add a $100 top of the line board and you're still only around $500-$700.

Steelrat
09-28-2004, 09:46 AM
Had a ND timmy. Fast, light, and efficient. But also flimsy and prone to breakdowns. LPR, HPR both went belly-up. Also, I don't like that you have to upgrade a new gun to get it working right. I compared the ND and my 2k4 featherlite excalibur, and the ND felt a lot more cheaply made. Overall, not bad, but I can get fast and efficient elsewhere, and get it in a more durable package. Certainly not as light, but when you add on the halo, paint, and tank, the weight difference isnt nearly as important. Im willing to trade the weight for increased durability and no need to buy upgraded parts.

azzkikr
09-28-2004, 09:49 AM
not to diss the people that have them but they are WAY OVERPRICED. absolutely no way arround it. the original ones were made after the spyder body, followed by some other cheap components. its very cheaply made, its got crapy tolerances and some cheating inspired electronics. they don't warranty the solenoid wich is about 20 bux and tack on onther 100 for it, wich some people will admit they suck anyways. they're conected with cocker hoses wich have been know not to be the most reliable of components. the grips is literally CRAMPED with all sorts of stuff, there are wires everywhere. anyone can fiddle with one for about 5 minutes and tell they aren't the best engineered of guns. the only good thing about them is that there are so many dirrent colors and milling combinations, wich in part is probably the most costly thing on them.

they are honestly worth about 300 dollars, and not the 1200 to 1600 the charge for them

AZZKIKR :mad: :mad:

Steelrat
09-28-2004, 09:51 AM
Yeah, that whole barb and hose arrangement bugs me too, as I had a couple blow on me in the short time I had the gun. I got spoiled by the AKA guns, which have the air passages milled right into the aluminum body.

Python14
09-28-2004, 10:09 AM
they are honestly worth about 300 dollars, and not the 1200 to 1600 the charge for them

You sir, are incorrect. They are worth what someone will pay for them and at the moment, they are worth $1200. ;)

adt501
09-28-2004, 01:01 PM
I have a dragon, and its a great gun. Im also getting rid of it. Im going all mechanical for the moment. Funny thing about blowback, is that when I had a Shocktech bolt in my gun, I got serious blowback. The tech at a local store said to throw the stock bolt back in, that because the Shocktech had not orings, I was getting blowback. I put the stock bolt back in and poof! no more blowback. Go figure. Honestly though, if I was buying a new electro, I would get an angel. I think they are much easier to work on, and angels always seemed to work for me no matter what, while other electros I had had problems. Just my opninon though, dont flame

adt501
09-28-2004, 01:05 PM
Azzkikr (sp?) is right about the gripframe. It looks like the electronic fairy took a dump. All sorts of wires and hoses going everywhich ways. And you will break a few barbs. I dont know about you guys, but I bought a small bag of replacement barbs and it cost me a fortune. I was most upset. Oh well. Peace

madmolly
09-28-2004, 01:21 PM
I guess you are not buying my eorracle like you said now? What happened to money order is on the way. Not a good way to deal with people kid.

Steelrat
09-28-2004, 02:03 PM
I guess you are not buying my eorracle like you said now? What happened to money order is on the way. Not a good way to deal with people kid.

Remember, this is the same kid who was asking for a free tank because he was poor :rolleyes: I can see this guy is off to a great start.

madmolly
09-28-2004, 02:34 PM
If he was asking for a free tank. I was giving him a an ebladed orracle for 550 and he said he sent the money out and now I see this post he is buying a timmy. Well what a zero. Thanks kid. Way to be a punk. Learn some respect. You could have just told me I took it off the wall and boxed it all up to ship.

Torbo
09-28-2004, 03:54 PM
sorry you guys have problems with your timmys. I, and everyone else i know have had flawless guns. My timmy rips, and its light and fast and all the other stuff i like. Maintainance is easy, unlike some say. its definatly not hard to grease an o-ring in each reg and grease the ram. As far as reliability, most people tend to mess with things that they dont need to. Just grease the regs and ram. If you mess with it without knowing what youre doing, yes it will break.
There arnt any necessary upgrades, as some say. Almost all new timmys have frenzy or was, so there isnt a need for a new board, high flow barbs have been standard for a year. the only thing is an adjustable ram cap. Id like to see that included. However, although it is helpfull, its not completely necessary.

if anyone has any questions about timmys, feel free to pm me

paintballer187
09-28-2004, 03:58 PM
and some cheating inspired electronics.

I really have to hold back from flame you here but do you know what you are talking about? Cheating inspired electronics? How are they inspired to cheat? The debounce feature was created to get the fastest gun possible and still be legal. Some people choose to use it illegally but thats their own fault for being irresponsible. The creator of the Equalizer board is the one who also created the NPPL robot for checking illegal guns so I know he had no intention of making illegal boards for guns.

Athius
09-28-2004, 04:00 PM
what i think of them? Well they are fast, i dunno but they dont have like a solid feel and they are too goddamn overprieced.

I prefer a angel or a bushy over a timmy.

paintballer187
09-28-2004, 04:01 PM
sorry you guys have problems with your timmys. I, and everyone else i know have had flawless guns. My timmy rips, and its light and fast and all the other stuff i like. Maintainance is easy, unlike some say. its definatly not hard to grease an o-ring in each reg and grease the ram. As far as reliability, most people tend to mess with things that they dont need to. Just grease the regs and ram. If you mess with it without knowing what youre doing, yes it will break.
There arnt any necessary upgrades, as some say. Almost all new timmys have frenzy or was, so there isnt a need for a new board, high flow barbs have been standard for a year. the only thing is an adjustable ram cap. Id like to see that included. However, although it is helpfull, its not completely necessary.

if anyone has any questions about timmys, feel free to pm me

I have to agree with everthing torbo said as well. I have owned about every gun there is and I can say that a timmy does not feel cheaply made by any means. And to people who say they are overpriced, what high end gun isn't? Look at some vikings, $1200-1400, A4 flys (can't remember a current price) when they came out were $1500, Karnis when they came out were $1300. Prices come down and now you can pick up timmys for 700-1000 and the newer ones for a little more.