PDA

View Full Version : What boards will work in the e/xmag

jayloo
09-27-2004, 03:16 PM
Please dont be concerned about size and clearences. I am asking if it will work not fit.

I know the morlock will work bcuz others have done it. What other electro boards will work? Will an intimmidator boead work?

BTW, I and a computer nut not an electrician.

felony
09-27-2004, 03:22 PM
hmm a good question.

thing is the reason higher versions of of AgD software was never released was mainly because the solenoid could not operate over 20bps. Guessing you already knew that though.

11_Mile_TMaster
09-27-2004, 05:30 PM
Speaking rather broadly...

The main issue at hand is operating the solenoid. It's a VERY beefy one, which was originally needed to overcome the high amount of force required to pull the trigger on a mag. Morlock boards are very adaptive, and can run at this higher voltage. I doubt you'll find another board capable of it. The main reason that some other guns can have boards used interchangably (Say, The whole trying AKA Was boards in other guns and vice versa to check for FSDO) is the operation methods are similar, and power requirements are similar.

Empyreal Rogue
09-27-2004, 05:36 PM
There's really no reason why an Intimidator Board won't work, or even the Cricket (Impulse, right?). I know the Predator II will work. Just as long as you wire the boards correctly, they should work.

Kevmaster
09-27-2004, 06:52 PM
any board that can give the correct dwell (40ms i think) to the 'noid and can run 18v (this will exclude most boards) should work. I'm not sure off hand which ones fit those two requirements but if it can do both of those,it should be fine

11_Mile_TMaster
09-27-2004, 06:57 PM
any board that can give the correct dwell (40ms i think) to the 'noid and can run 18v (this will exclude most boards) should work. I'm not sure off hand which ones fit those two requirements but if it can do both of those,it should be fine

Exactly. The voltage is the killer. :)

Joni
09-28-2004, 05:59 AM
The only boards i know of is the morlock and predator II, which now are basically the same board.