PDA

View Full Version : LvL 10 + X-valve help

dolphin1823
09-27-2004, 06:19 PM
I've been having problems with my X-valve and Level 10 Bolt since I bought it last year. I had been using the small bolt spring and the smallest carrier with 2 shims and have had leaking down the barrel. I would take it home go thru the Level 10 set up guide again, oil and lube every thing that needed to be lubed, reassembled and gassed it up, no leaks till I shot about 400 rounds thru it and the leaking would come back. But I fixed it finally by using the longest bolt spring and 1 shim. Used it almost all day on Sunday, no problems, until the last game, it started double feeding and I chopped paint like crazy. Also my mag wouldn't fire ever time I pulled the trigger. I wasn't out of air, had 1500 psi left. It was suggested my trigger rod might not be the right length; I’ve never changed it though. Any ideas?

Rift
09-27-2004, 06:47 PM
Have you tried putting int he largest carrier that dosent leak? and then working your way up with the shimms its generally better to use as little shims as possible. Also dont lube the power tube oring because it will give a false sence of friction. Its normal for the lvl 10 to start changing because when its still new your breaking in that oring and as you use it more you need to go down in carrier size. Eventually you hit a point wher eit dosent change anymore tho. Also what is your input pressure set at?

athomas
09-28-2004, 08:36 AM
If you are having a problem with leaking, then remove all the shims. Retune the level 10 using the largest carrier that doesn't leak. I'd go with the middle spring during the setup procedure. You may get to use the longest spring, but may experience chuffing if the carrier setup isn't perfect.

onakone
09-29-2004, 03:03 PM
I had some problems with my mag "refusing to fire". In fact it would do it consistently every other shot with the long spring. After I had worn in my carrier o-ring I started trimming the long spring, which was nearly useless anyway since it caused so much chuffing. I'm actually kinda surprised so many people manage to get their lvl10's working good without trimming their springs. Hope that helps.

Rift
09-29-2004, 03:58 PM
using the longest spring is often times overkill the red one (medium) usually works just fine witht he proper carrier and shim tuning.

dolphin1823
09-29-2004, 04:54 PM
Never mind, It turns out my mag was double feeding and choping paint because the interals of my ball detent fell out and paint balls were just rolling into my barrel, the Level 10 bolt was doing its job of not letting me fire because there were balls being pinched, but I forced it to because I was in a speedball match, so it started chopping. Thanks everyone for your imput. :clap: