PDA

View Full Version : Thats My Boy

IronKong51
09-27-2004, 07:37 PM
I dont know how may of you are MOM's or Dad's out there but yesterday on 09/26/04 My son made me very proud there have been many times he has done this but on this day he took his first step to becomming a great paintballer at 10 years old my son played in his first 3 man tournament with his friend and our team mates Eric 11yrs old and Alex 16yrs old.

It was the last game of the tourny for us and we were up against a team of young kids that we could easly beat, maxing them wouldn't have won us the tournament so we put our boys in to play the last game on the break my son took the center dorito and played his heart out until he got bunkered. He took a shot from about 2 feet way in the back and the leg. He took it like the trooper he is he raised his arm and walked to the dead box without as much as a tear even though he told me later that his back killed from that shot (which by the way was a bleeder I just didn't tell him that) THATS MY BOY :headbang:

He could barely hold up my Mag up but he wanted to play and he wanted to play with Dad's gun.

This was his first time playing in a tourny and only his second time on a paintball field at all.

He is hooked on MAGS now and on paintball all together :dance:

Thanks AGD :hail: for making such a great gun even my son can't put it down (even if it is almost as big as he is)

Vcitr Flip Miller
www.mayberrymarauders.com
www.strangebreedpaintball.com

http://www.teamwiseguyspaintball.com/icc/bdpc-9-26/images/DSCF7692.jpg

http://www.teamwiseguyspaintball.com/icc/bdpc-9-26/images/DSCF7693.jpg

AGD
09-27-2004, 07:40 PM
Darn little kids are so hard to hit!!

AGD

jayloo
09-27-2004, 07:42 PM
Wow, his gear weighs more than him.

My dayghter is 8 and she hates pball. I have 2 years to change that.

GREAT JOB!

The Action Figure
09-27-2004, 07:43 PM
haha that kids a beast, I cried the first time I got hit

Duck Hunt
09-27-2004, 07:44 PM
HAHAHAH Yes they are!!!

Thats great man, I can't wait till I have kids one day, they will definitly get a chance to play paintball!

Sean

Skull_Bunny
09-27-2004, 07:52 PM
How could someone bunker a beast like that? Congratulation.

The Action Figure
09-27-2004, 07:54 PM
they are lucky that kid didnt turn around and dominate that guy

Bad_Dog
09-27-2004, 08:06 PM
that picture of him holding the emag is a real wall hanger!

congrats! :clap: :clap:

Trina
09-27-2004, 08:15 PM
That is AWESOME!! :D You can almost see the determination in his eyes in the first pic!! :ninja: What's your son's name IronKong?

gc82000
09-27-2004, 08:18 PM
Congrats. I am the reverse of you my dad has yet to step on a field this year.

MonsterMag
09-27-2004, 08:19 PM
that really touched me :dance:

I am glad he is doin good and MOST OF ALL havin fun :cheers:

gc82000
09-27-2004, 08:21 PM
That is AWESOME!! :D You can almost see the determination in his eyes in the first pic!! :ninja: What's your son's name IronKong?
His name should be Ironkong_94. Hey that the year he was born right?

hAppy
09-27-2004, 08:24 PM
His name should be Ironkong_94. Hey that the year he was born right?
:rofl:

It's best to make them Mag lovers while they are still young ;)

AGDlover
09-27-2004, 08:30 PM
Wow, his gear weighs more than him.

My dayghter is 8 and she hates pball. I have 2 years to change that.

GREAT JOB!

ya we gotta change that ;)

Awsome job man ya it really looks like hes out weighed by the emag

Aiecc Ixi
09-27-2004, 08:57 PM
loooks like his mask is falling off in the second pic and thats creapy my name and age are the same as your team mates... alex and 16 :eek:

DiSoRdeR
09-27-2004, 09:12 PM
This was his first time playing in a tourny and only his second time on a paintball field at all.

:wow:

Ive been playing for 3 years and havent been in a tourny yet lol

Creative Mayhem
09-27-2004, 09:20 PM
Way to go IRONKONG JR!!!!

And I too hate having to play little kids... just ask the AO crew from Pandemonium this year.. stupid kid standing up in a half bunker... :cuss:

t33kyboy
09-27-2004, 09:24 PM
so cute!! :p

looks like me... same marker kinda... small... :tard: nvm

-Tab
09-27-2004, 09:28 PM
Way to go IRONKONG JR!!!!

And I too hate having to play little kids... just ask the AO crew from Pandemonium this year.. stupid kid standing up in a half bunker... :cuss:

lol...
we played against a team with a midget(great team and full of awesome people).

he was using our knee down bunkers for stand ups. he was an incredible player - ended up bunkering 2-3 people in a row.

the team's name is Primetime from Gillete, Wyoming. i have a lot of respect for that team.

zeroack
09-27-2004, 09:37 PM
My eldest son has been playing with me since he was eight, he's now eleven. My daughter started last year and my other two son's are begging to play. Having kids playing the sport is awesome. You just gotta love it.

Zero

LittlePaintballBoy
09-27-2004, 09:53 PM
He's a baller.

IronKong51
09-27-2004, 10:08 PM

Christian "LIL FLIP" Miller

best thing is I have an 8yr old daughter that's chomping at the bit :bounce: to get on the field

LONG LIVE PAINTBALL

all :hail: the MONKEY KING

AGDJon
09-28-2004, 09:08 AM
Flip, just don't have him stand near me when I have to clean a hit of the marker. Don't want the same thing happening to him like his poor dad LOL

msprince
09-28-2004, 09:51 AM
I have six kids, They can't play at the same time and so I bring 3 with me at a time, I actually have 3 that are too young to play but the 5 and 7 year old can't wait until we let them play with us. It was my 10 year old sons first scenario only 12 days after his birthday and he got lit up all day not to mention falling down and numerous other things. Like your son he took it like a champ and now can't wait till his next turn on the roster :) He's also addicted to the people who are involved with paintball he thinks they're the best people he's ever met. ANyways....isn't cool that we as parents have a sport that we can play with our kids that in a very short time they could actually dominate us!? Stranger things have happened!

Way to go IronKong JR!!

Steph
MXS AD
"The Cookie Lady"

Lumberjack
09-28-2004, 10:05 AM
Woo Hoo!!!

The next generation of pballers look strong. :clap: :clap:
Congrats on a rasing a go getter.

I can't wait till my nephew is old enough to play. Just 4 more years. :bounce:

Wheelman
09-28-2004, 10:16 AM
Sweet

7 more years and I'll be posting pics like that, I can't wait

RogueFactoryKid
09-28-2004, 12:20 PM
Darn little kids are so hard to hit!!

AGD

Lol exactly the things that start scandals....ie AGD Hits little kids. :wow:
haha just kidding....

Doobie
09-28-2004, 12:32 PM
I have six kids, They can't play at the same time and so I bring 3 with me at a time, I actually have 3 that are too young to play but the 5 and 7 year old can't wait until we let them play with us. It was my 10 year old sons first scenario only 12 days after his birthday and he got lit up all day not to mention falling down and numerous other things. Like your son he took it like a champ and now can't wait till his next turn on the roster :) He's also addicted to the people who are involved with paintball he thinks they're the best people he's ever met. ANyways....isn't cool that we as parents have a sport that we can play with our kids that in a very short time they could actually dominate us!? Stranger things have happened!

Way to go IronKong JR!!

Steph
MXS AD
"The Cookie Lady"

Wow...dude...you got your own Fire Team going there! What's a matter? Ain't you got cable TV? ;) :p

msprince
09-28-2004, 01:58 PM
We adopted our 2 oldest out of the Foster Care system and then the other 4 well, let's just say the TV in the bedroom doesn't work :wow:

We have our own basketball team, our own 7 man with an alternate PB team, and these kids are the Kings and Queens of debate :rofl:

The kids are our future, I'm lucky, mine are pretty darn special and they think it's cool that Mom and Dad play paintball, so they want to play !

Now if there was only funding for large families with paintball addictions I'd be able to play all the time!!!!!

Steph
MXS AD
"The Cookie Lady"

Doobie
09-28-2004, 02:02 PM
the other 4 well, let's just say the TV in the bedroom doesn't work :wow:

:rofl:

ojhspyro89
09-28-2004, 02:06 PM
:wow:

Ive been playing for 3 years and havent been in a tourny yet lol

I win, been playing bout 8 now and never been to a tourney, but then again im only just 15

68magOwner
09-28-2004, 02:06 PM
whats te big deal? i mean, hes the same age of half the kids on PBN :p ;)

anyway, if hes playign a tourney at 10, he should be a BEAST when he gets older

1ofkind
09-28-2004, 04:09 PM
I remember my first speedball game... ah memories :)

DiSoRdeR
09-28-2004, 04:23 PM
I win, been playing bout 8 now and never been to a tourney, but then again im only just 15
Im 15 to, but you got me beat. I would go to one, except all my friends dont play paintball so Im a one man team :cool:

Athius
09-28-2004, 05:07 PM
Im 15 to, but you got me beat. I would go to one, except all my friends dont play paintball so Im a one man team :cool:

Do like i did make new friends in the paintball field.

Sac
09-28-2004, 05:41 PM
did he shoot anyone out?

hitech
09-29-2004, 10:13 AM
You must be very proud. It was great of you to put them in. It's something they will remember for the rest of their lives. :headbang:

An eMag no less. He looked like he could barely get his hand around the grip. ;) He did look like he tucked in well. :clap:

Congratulations on your sons first tournament. :cheers:

I wish my 10 year old son was interested...

Ratzo
09-29-2004, 10:42 AM
My 2 oldest kids are wanting to play but they've got to be 12 to play around here, darn insurance rules.
My daughter is 9 and she's been wanting to come play paintball with dad for the past 2 years, and my son is 7 he's been itching to play aswell.
The local field offers both laser tag and paintball, so I think I'll just have to take them to play laser tag until they are old enough.
The range on the laser tag is 600ft, these arn't the old toys I grew up with.

Jeffy-CanCon
09-29-2004, 12:02 PM
It's always great to see people playing with their kids! Your son looks awesome, Ironkong!

GT
09-29-2004, 12:48 PM
I still cry when I get hit and I'm 26 :cry:

Cool pics! So.... when is Dad going to pony up the cash and buy Jr. a new emag ;) ?