PDA

View Full Version : Retro Bolt or Standard foamy Bolt

Magnus1028
10-28-2001, 11:16 PM
Can I use the standard AGD foamy bolt with the Retro valve instead of the bolt that comes with the Retro valve.
Thanks

Chris
10-28-2001, 11:22 PM
All AGD bolts will work with all AGD valves.
All aftermarket bolts for any agd gun will work with any other agd gun.

-Chris

Manuel_FZR
10-29-2001, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Magnus1028
Can I use the standard AGD foamy bolt with the Retro valve instead of the bolt that comes with the Retro valve.
Thanks

... if you donīt like the original extended Bolt, then you can give it to me :D :p

Riot[Z-Grip]
10-29-2001, 04:03 PM
If you're asking about tolerance issues... As far as I know it should be fine, one of my teammates uses a regular bolt with his retro valve and it works well. Someone back me up though, I'm not entirely sure.

-Riot

Cha0tic
10-29-2001, 04:07 PM
they will work fine. just make sure it is an AGD bolt. other bolts, such as ANS, wear easily.

Magnus1028
10-29-2001, 05:09 PM
Does AGD have bolts with foamies that are made to work specifically with the Retro valve?

freakyt
10-29-2001, 07:57 PM
Nope, there is only one foamy bolt nowadays. AGD no longer makes them either. I guess the ANS venturii has a foamy on it...an ANS one..

I would say the offical bolt of the Retro is 'long nose'. I belive they are comming with those nowadays.

AGD has surpises in store for the future as well. Derlin bolts, extra light. I think that is their next thing. They are still developing them.

Search the forums and you'll see pics of them. :D

n1mr0d
10-29-2001, 08:03 PM
Why doesn't AGD make anodized aluminum bolts? They would be lighter than the stock stainless ones, and perhaps harder/stronger than the stainless ones after being anodized.....

Tunaman
10-29-2001, 08:13 PM
Anodizing does not make the metal harder...only colored. An aluminum bolt would wipe out in a day...or 5 minutes!

freakyt
10-29-2001, 08:14 PM
Nope. Alum. bolts would get chewed up in 50 shots by a carbide tipped sear.
Anodization does not harden metals either, it merely electronically bonds certain chemicals (right? :eek: ) to metal.

Titanum bolts would probabably be too hard too (kill your sear really good like). Or just flat out too expnesive.

Besides, a bolt has to be SOMEWHAT heavy, right? F=MD. You gotta have a little mass there to put enough force on a ball, even if the air is doing most of the work. I'm sure Tom and the boys know what is going on.