PDA

View Full Version : Buttons on E-mag

stop whining buy a mag
09-28-2004, 03:24 PM
Well this is a little hard to explain but I'll do my best. While taking off my grip covers I found that the little things that the buttons push to signal to the board that a button was pushed fell off. It was not the actual little black buttons. It was the pieces ON the board. Both of those pieces have come off and I am missing parts of it. I don't know if these do this after a LONG period of time. My board is OLD. It is a very old E-mag and when I purchased it, it had the 3.2 software on it with 500,000+ shots on the board so the buttons might have been played with countless times. Is there any way to replace these or am I !@#$%& and have to get a new board?

Titansu
09-28-2004, 05:35 PM
So, did you loose the small black "extenders" that fit in the frame or did the contacts on the button break?

I have a few replacement button if you need them - $1/shipped each. However they are surface mount - meaning there are no holes or pins, the mount flush to the board. You would need to desolder these from the board and then resolder the new ones on. Thats a small component soldered in a small work area - make sure you have a reliable soldering iron and a steady hand.

ah137
09-28-2004, 07:53 PM
If you want I can replace them for cheap, just send me the board. thanks Hills

PS email me ashills1@hotmail.com