PDA

View Full Version : X-Valved Mags in Tourneys

Lancer424
09-28-2004, 06:41 PM
I recently got into tourney ball with my college team, and I have been using a Race Framed Cocker so far. I really do not like it, and would like to get a mag again. I had a mag a little while ago, but I sold it to pay for some school things.

Basically, all I want to know is can X-valved mags keep up on the tourney scene? I cannot afford to buy a X-mag, but possibly an emag.....but for some reason I really just want a mechanical X-valved mag.

I dont expect these things to put out paint as fast as an angel, but how fast can they fire tournement legal ? I read stuff on Z-man's site, and watched a few of his videos about rapid fire, and I know that I cant use it in a tourney, but what can I do in a tourney that wont keep my gun lagging behind all the other ones?

I was thinking only having an blade intelli and X-valve with a ULT on it, considering the fact that the hair trigger has not been out for the last year or so, and will prolly not be out before Christmas.

I want to know is the X-valve with a Intelli and a ULT walkable, or rideable, and is it tourney legal for it to be that way....?

Thanks a lot in advance.

-Jake

**I know I already posted this in the Tech Forum, but I really dont think its a tech question at all.....**

steveo356
09-28-2004, 07:10 PM
you can fan it but walkin the meck mag is an art form and i cannot do it very fast

imstoiched!
09-28-2004, 07:21 PM
Fanning=less accurate

If you really want a 'mag , then i suggest you try to find a used E-mag. The electronic trigger will help you out in BPS. My brother's Emag is just as fast or faster as my Viking.

Creative Mayhem
09-28-2004, 09:48 PM
Let me answer your question with a recent incident. I was playing at IAO this year, and for some reason, my xmag battery wasn't up to snuff or something, and I had to play in mech mode all day. Let me tell you, I really had no problem laning(albeit slower than electro) off the break, but I also had no problem making a significant number of eliminations, all in mech mode. So bascially I played a tourney with a $1500 mech mag. Hope this helps.

Joni
09-28-2004, 09:52 PM
I have played some tourneys with my mech mag, and sure, it hangs in there, but sometimes you just wish you had those extra bps.

Chronobreak
09-28-2004, 10:21 PM
yes yes yes yes, and you can go wrong with a mech mag and for enarly the price or bit more of a good x-valved mag you can get a used or maybe new e-mag so its up to you.

FlawleZ
09-28-2004, 10:23 PM
With enough input pressure, a mech mag can hang well with electros. I have a Classic RT and I don't have any problem doing what I need to do. Once you learn to pull the trigger fast with a harder pull, you'll be capable of 12-14 BPS on an X Valved Mag.

As far as "walking" one, it's VERY hard to do so and you're probably better off just practicing pulling really fast with your middle finger.

Good luck!

Wc Keep
09-28-2004, 10:24 PM
, but I also had no problem making a significant number of eliminations, all in mech mode. So bascially .

by significant he means two. and they were his teammates.

Lancer424
09-28-2004, 11:56 PM
I have a Classic RT and I don't have any problem doing what I need to do. Once you learn to pull the trigger fast with a harder pull, you'll be capable of 12-14 BPS on an X Valved Mag.

Is this cycle rate tourney legal though? Or is it a mad debounce (pretty much hold my finger in one spot and the gun will go full auto)?

mobius
09-29-2004, 12:00 AM
Dunno, but I've also heard of guys having issues with using E-Mags in tourneys, b/c the refs claim that the hybrid mode isn't tourney legal.

RTDynaflow
09-29-2004, 12:47 AM
Eh, in order to reach some fast speeds, you will need the bounce. What z man does is cool, but so far from legal.... I would say, buy a viking... but since thats not an option, e-mags are great. Only thing they can be hard on is efficiency. =/

Lancer424
09-29-2004, 10:28 AM
Well, if I dont have Z-mans settings (which are not even close to legal, but amazingly fun Im sure :headbang: ), what rate of fire could I really get up to when the bounce is set legally ?

Chronobreak
09-29-2004, 11:52 AM
most people probly 13-15

i hit 15-17 max on a legal setup and with 1k psi in the gun i got 22 bps on classic rt

B.A.M.
09-29-2004, 02:14 PM
Walking with a mech mag isnt fun. I usually short stroke and my gun recock :cry:

OmniM
09-29-2004, 06:59 PM
Let me answer your question with a recent incident. I was playing at IAO this year, and for some reason, my xmag battery wasn't up to snuff or something, and I had to play in mech mode all day. Let me tell you, I really had no problem laning(albeit slower than electro) off the break, but I also had no problem making a significant number of eliminations, all in mech mode. So bascially I played a tourney with a $1500 mech mag. Hope this helps.

The beauty of having a hybrid marker :D .. better mechanical than no marker at all...

lbonettosd
09-30-2004, 01:10 AM
Well first let me tell you my setup:
Brand New Tac1
ULT, 4 ULTshims + 1 LX shim
4.5K flatline @ 950psi inlet

Now I was just goofing around and am able to walk the trigger, albeit not for any length of time. But I'm sure with a little practice it can be done. Now If I put the inlet up to 1k or higher it just sweetspots too easy. Point is with the right tuning you'll still have an extremely fast mech gun.