PDA

View Full Version : Help with accuracy

El_Longshot
09-28-2004, 09:23 PM
Hi,
I just got my first automag. Its powerfeed with a big daddy barrel. I went and played paintball with my friends who own stock tippmans and my gun was shooting no better than thiers. there was a pretty bad spread on it. I always thought that mags were better then tippmans when it came to accuracy. Maybe something is wrong with my gun. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. btw, i was using brand new ZAP paint with nitro too.

MonsterMag
09-28-2004, 09:32 PM
no gun is accurate , if you want accuracy you buy a good barrel :cheers:

VFX_Fenix
09-28-2004, 09:35 PM
The paint might not have been matched well with your barrel. The Big Daddy might have been dirty. Velocity could have been too high (not very likely but paintballs start doing strange things above 300fps). The valve might not be broken in. The barrel wobble in the 1/4 body might have effected accuracy. But the thing I'd place my money on would be that you're just not used to the way the mag shoots yet.

El_Longshot
09-28-2004, 09:49 PM
I'd have to agree that im just not used to it yet. Half a days use probobly isnt enough time to really get to know my gun. I just wasn't sure if something was wrong with the gun or what. but thx for the help, i really appreciate it.

"no gun is accurate , if you want accuracy you buy a good barrel"

btw, aren't big daddy barrels pretty good?

Ken
09-28-2004, 09:59 PM
emagballa is a misinformed idiot, if you want accuracy , get a regulator and a good barrel to feed your WELL MADE GUN, NOT A SPYDER!

VFX_Fenix
09-28-2004, 10:44 PM
Big Daddy is an All American with Teardrop tip, yes, it's a good barrel, it was SP's top of the line before the Freak and new AA.

NJPaint
09-29-2004, 01:13 AM
"good barrel" is short for "good paint to barrel match". Accuracy is affected by two things, the forementioned "good paint to barrel match" and consistancy of the marker. An automag is more consistant than a tippmann (especially with HPA). However, you have to match your paint with your barrel. This means having a kit, or multiple barrels and testing them to see what the best fitting barrel is.

darrickws
09-29-2004, 08:19 AM
You have to match the paint to the barrel. I usually shoot with a Dye boomstick, but have founs that with some cheaper paint (usually larger bore) my J&J shoots better. Having a barrel kit or a least a larger bore barrel and a smaller bore barrel makes all the difference.

Plus quality of paint matters too! Were you shooting the same paint as your buddies? Some paintballs cant hit the side of a barn no matter what barrel you use. I have started using better paint (all star, evil) even for practice. I found that even though "cheaper" paint was 30% less money, many times it took 30% more paintballs to hit the target!

GL! :tard:

Joni
09-29-2004, 08:35 AM
I second that paint quality has to do with it. ZAP has some nice tournament grade paint, but their cheaper qualitys are real crap, IMO

Dayspring
09-29-2004, 09:51 AM
Look who's talking. The mag already comes with a built in regulator. You don't need to go buy a new one.

As for the accuracy problem, it could be due to fluctuations in your air system (if you're using CO2) or any other reasons that have been stated already.

Some people believe that the twist lock barrels will vibrate and not line up totally correct just because of how the retention system works. I will say that I may not totally believe this, I do give it a little credence. The threaded barrels (like for the ULE Body) won't give you that wobble.

emagballa is a misinformed idiot, if you want accuracy , get a regulator and a good barrel to feed your WELL MADE GUN, NOT A SPYDER!

eNder159
09-29-2004, 11:20 AM
Look who's talking. The mag already comes with a built in regulator. You don't need to go buy a new one.

As for the accuracy problem, it could be due to fluctuations in your air system (if you're using CO2) or any other reasons that have been stated already.

Some people believe that the twist lock barrels will vibrate and not line up totally correct just because of how the retention system works. I will say that I may not totally believe this, I do give it a little credence. The threaded barrels (like for the ULE Body) won't give you that wobble.

beat me to it .dayspring....but ya its probably because ur shooting zap paint...no matter how fresh it is...its nothing but trouble...try shooting paint that's a lil bit more high quality ull notice a difference....and always match the barrel to the paint...