PDA

View Full Version : hAir Trigger

Aiecc Ixi
09-29-2004, 03:45 PM
Before i start dont worry i know about the hair trigger and this is not a post asking about when it comes out and all that... I understand that the trigger uses pnuematics... what i want to know is how... i dont plan on stealing the idea and profiting for myself. I would just like to try to build my own. Any help is welcome...
the thing that boggles my mind is the fact that the trigger is said to have no reactivity...?

Remington
09-29-2004, 03:51 PM
I don't think you'll be getting any ideas on how the pneumatics work until well after the actual hAir trigger is released to the playing public. At this point, besides those who have actually seen and/or used it in person, it's really just speculation. ;)

rkjunior303
09-29-2004, 03:52 PM
not to mention, Deadlywind put alot of R&D into designing their -own- pneumatic components.

p8nt_junkie
09-29-2004, 03:57 PM
I was wanting to ask this question a while back. What stopped me from doing so was when I went back a watched the video again and I realized how it all works! Here's the secret...

Colin has a working hAir trigger and he figured out how to make it so I decided to just wait patiently until I can buy one from him. Yes I am an opportunist. So sue me. I just don't want to go through all of the months or years of work and research, trial and ERROR, blood, sweat, and tears trying to wrack my brain to come up with something that will eventually be released to the public (and that means 'lil 'ol me).

So in closing, I suggest you do what I did and THINK about the whole process before commiting to your journey. Good luck :)

Chronobreak
09-29-2004, 04:03 PM
itl have some amt of reactivity to push teh trigger abck to start position but then again a spring is also a form of reactivity ;)

Automaggot68
09-29-2004, 04:13 PM
itl have some amt of reactivity to push teh trigger abck to start position but then again a spring is also a form of reactivity ;)

Dude, watch the videos. It says ON the mpeg itself, NO REACTIVITY.

teufelhunden
09-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Wanna know how it works? Look at 'Cocker pneumatics. The trigger activates a 3-way which activates a ram, which, on a 'Cocker, moves the back block. In the hAir, it activates the on/off.

Now go ahead and build your own 3-way that will activate with a rediculously short throw and design a ram to move as far as an on/off pin needs to go and you're set.

Aiecc Ixi
09-29-2004, 04:14 PM
yeah i have been anylizing the video and relise that there is a spring to it the thing i need to figure out is the pnumatics ... does it connect to the air supply (aka nitro tank) in anyway?

ps. and by the way if they dont get the legal stuff sorted out it may never be reliesed to the public

teufelhunden
09-29-2004, 04:14 PM
Dude, watch the videos. It says ON the mpeg itself, NO REACTIVITY.

Um, negative. There's no reactivity from the X-Valve, but as wantamag said, there's reactivity in the fact that the trigger doesn't have to be manually pulled back out.

slade
09-29-2004, 04:26 PM
So sue me.
watch what you say, someone with the last name "Gardner" may be listening. :ninja:

to answer your question, do you really think that he will tell you how it works so that you can build your own? even if you dont try to steal his idea for profit, that is still one less sale that he will have.

as for the reactivity aspect, reactivity is defined as pressure that is applied to the trigger after it is pulled to return it to its origional position, such as a tippmann rt or the rt/x valve on a mag. that means that a spring is not reactivity, as it is a constant force.

JimmyBeam
09-29-2004, 04:30 PM
i dont know if this has been asked yet or not, but i was just wondering if the effeciecy is going to be worse from this trigger?

Chronobreak
09-29-2004, 04:32 PM
yes :( only slightly from my understanding but worse is worse

spantol
09-29-2004, 04:33 PM
Nicad answered this before. IIRC, he said there would be an extremely small decrease in efficiency, along the lines of 10 shots per fill.

i dont know if this has been asked yet or not, but i was just wondering if the effeciecy is going to be worse from this trigger?

SlartyBartFast
09-29-2004, 04:38 PM
Look in the threads about the Punisher's pneumatically operated Mag.

If you want to use a good short action three-way, you could build it around Palmer's quick-switch.

Esentially, you have to have a regulator, valve, and ram. Now, where you place them all and whether you get the same results as the hAir trigger is another matter.

If the patents aren't filed for, beat them to market. :)

If they are, get to market anyways. :wow: Afterall, the concept of regulator, valve, and three-way to operate ANY mechanism is so old as to be unpatentable. A little spine and a refusal to stop sales or production would cause the plaintiffs to spend lots of money to try to stop you, and a judge with a brain cell should be easy to convince that the patent has no grounds and is unenforceable. Even if the patent was enforceable, it would be difficult to prove damages as there is no prduct currently on the market. So worst that could happen? You get shut down.

And if it's only for you own use and the fun of tinkering, there's nothing in the world to stop you. :cool:

But don't trust me, I'm no lawyer. (I have higher moral standards. :rofl: )