PDA

View Full Version : Through the grapevine: I shot a Freestyle

Carbon
09-29-2004, 06:38 PM
I shot a Freestyle last weekend:

It shot smooth as a DM4, a bit smaller, has the same amount of kick. Smoother than a Timmy. Less vibartion than an Emag. The trigger was stock and was abit clunky but, manage to easily get 14-15 bps. Its quiet, light and interfaces really well to the shooter, has a really good feel. It has good balance due to hopper placement (halo) and easy to snap with.

The Freestlye look a lot cooler and a bit more sylish IRL, the milling is more of a simple elegance than MAD BLING. Overall a decent contender for the next "to have" gun. Try one out when you can.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/114594.jpg

AcemanPB
09-29-2004, 06:49 PM
I'll admit it, the more pictures I see of the gun the more it grows on me. I wish someone in my area would buy one so I could take it for a test drive... about how much do they run brand new?

xXHavokXx
09-29-2004, 06:52 PM
Shoot a 4 fly, feels like a louder DM4

Chipper
09-29-2004, 06:52 PM
Don't quote this on but I think they run about $900.

lol we posted at the same time.

Well, I forgot to add how much I would like them and how I would compare them to a Angel or even a BKO since I heard that it was much like them.

trevorjk
09-29-2004, 07:41 PM
mine should be here tomorrow or friday... ill be sure to report back! :cool:

kdawg
09-29-2004, 11:33 PM
they can be found for under $800......new....... ;) Ebay ;)

zen_dawg
09-30-2004, 01:11 AM
efficiency wise?

FallNAngel
09-30-2004, 01:15 AM
efficiency wise?

bad
some people manage to get around 1200

CrimsonGhost
09-30-2004, 05:18 AM
1200-1400 depending on ...well...bolt /valve and luck;)
They are great little (tiny even) markers...kinda regret trading mine off.
I like how light,compact, and fast they are...but they are tough on air.
Im think there are better versions of the valve coming out soon that should bring them more in line with the rest of the markers out there shot counts.

There are only a few things I didnt like about the FS and those were more personal issues than anything real.

gc82000
09-30-2004, 05:27 AM
What size tank are you getting your figure from.

trevorjk
09-30-2004, 11:57 AM
lets just say... right now the efficiency is that of a mag...

how ever late october early november there is a bolt kit coming out that says somewhere around 1500 shots off of a 68/4500

madmolly
09-30-2004, 12:03 PM
I have brand new freestyles for 800.00 PM me for details.

FallNAngel
09-30-2004, 12:32 PM
lets just say... right now the efficiency is that of a mag...

how ever late october early november there is a bolt kit coming out that says somewhere around 1500 shots off of a 68/4500

Yes, I've also heard 1300 (this is from someone at ICD). In either case, the new bolt will cost around $100 and require you to send your backblock in because a small hole has to be drilled. Or you can try to save a few bucks and drill it yourself.

trevorjk
10-01-2004, 02:02 PM
ok guys and gals...

i just got mine in today, ill post pics later.

anyways all i gotta say is WOW the internet makes these things look huge and extremely ugly... trust me see one in real life there so much better

the size my halo is just as big... about the same weight to. my gun with out barrel completely stock was 2 pounds 7 ounces on the CO2 scale here at paintball sally's in SE wisconsin.

firing.... well ive shot the A4 fly a few timmies and what not, even the xmag. and this one definetly seamed to be faster. although i probably shot them all at the same speed. this one just seamed to be able to do a heck of alot more.

just guessing but the store owner and a friend say i was probably shotting 16-17bps with everything stock

so im impressed :)

other then that... air efficiency... sucks, that of a mag! but most places are all day air around here so its no big deal.

the stock vertical reg isnt great but it gets the job done. it was jumpy, but i replaced it with a messiah anyways .

i hope this helped a bit?

O_o
10-01-2004, 02:45 PM
I'm personally waiting for the Naughty Dogs Edition one to come out :)

Oh, and if there's any confusion, they're shooting both freestyles and timmies.

http://paintball.com/pics/NaughtyDogs/markpits.jpg

http://paintball.com/pics/NaughtyDogs/rock3pits.jpg

SpecialBlend2786
10-01-2004, 05:44 PM
wow that looks smallll

Head knight of Ni
10-01-2004, 06:13 PM
wow that looks smallll

Ergonomically compacted ;) I really like this marker's classical lines. :)

trevorjk
10-01-2004, 08:09 PM
wow that looks smallll

:ninja:

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/9000/DSC01082_9345_rs.JPG
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/9000/DSC01081_4061_rs.JPG

Carbon
10-01-2004, 10:05 PM
WHoa! ND freestyles look sweet like whoa! withouth the paw prints of course. ICD is gonna set a bar for something.

Sk8ermog
12-04-2004, 07:35 AM
I have been talking with Mikey from the ND and he says the new ND Freestyle has fixed all the air problems and runs at lower pressures then his ND Timmy. He let me shoot his so I could help him "break it in" and man was it fun. Like everyone is saying it's totally compact and it's like shoot a pistol. The ND Freestyle will also have a longer reg so you can get your hands on it and it's going to have a sweet new board that Rocky from the ND has been working on. Non of that sissy ramping or cheater stuff. Also one of my favorite parts is that the on/off switches are under the back part where your hand can't bump in the middle of a game. They are kind of hiden, but real easy to get to when you need to turn the eyes on or off. I'm selling my emag and a few other guns to get one straight from the ND. They promised me 24 hour tech support and if anything goes wrong with it then Mikey gave me his cell number so I could call him up for help. If he can't fix it then he'd send it to Rocky who pretty much designed 80% of the ND Freestyle. So basically I win all around. I get a great gun for only $950 and I get great tech support and personal help when needed. I just can't wait.