PDA

View Full Version : hot valve

darthp
09-30-2004, 05:28 PM
I have a 68 classic with a retro valve and the valve is shooting very hot. I chrono'd it at 404 fps. I have turned the velocity all the way down and it is still hot. I have replaced all the orings and is still hot. It constantly leaks out the back. Has anyone ever had this problem, or knows whats going on? :confused: Tunaman if your out there PLEASE help.

RRfireblade
09-30-2004, 07:04 PM
I assume your turning the velocity adjust out correct?

If so, change the Reg seat.

darthp
09-30-2004, 07:11 PM
Yes I have turned the velocity adjuster all the way to where the line now shows. Bye the way what does the reg seat look like? Also I am still waiting on my vert frame v1.1 from logic that I ordered over a month ago. Any Idea on how much longer?

RRfireblade
09-30-2004, 07:49 PM
http://store.airgun.com/images/product/large/lg_31.jpg

Looks like that.

Not sure on the Frames,still in Anno I think. Should be pretty soon though. Ryan should have an update in the Dealer thread when thier ready.

darthp
09-30-2004, 08:10 PM
Ok I'll look for ryan's post on the frames. I am still lost on the reg seat. The pic is really bad. Are you talking about the reg o-ring or the reg holder or is it something completely different. I can't find it on airguns store or the tech diagrams.

CoolHand
09-30-2004, 08:20 PM
I've got a reg seat here with your name on it.

I'll send it with your frame, no charge.

Hopefully they will be done pretty soon, last I heard from the ano guy, they were to be finished up any day now.

Thank you for your business.

RRfireblade
09-30-2004, 08:30 PM
Ryan to the rescue, good man.

On the reg seat, I should have been more clear. Simply unscrew the valve halves and it'll be the first fat square looking o-ring kinda seal you see. It get's sandwiched between the 2 halves of the valve.Tha't where you need to start with most velocity related issues.

Jay.

darthp
09-30-2004, 08:37 PM
Ok I have unscrewed the two halves and there is no reg seat. On my micro mag valve there is a reg seat like you said. On the ReTro Valve there is an o-ring and then the reg holder, just like in the airgun designs tech diagrams of the retro valve. What am I missing or is something wrong?

RRfireblade
09-30-2004, 08:58 PM
oops, I read to fast. I read classic and went right by Retro. My bad, sorry.

On the retro the reg seat is the small white -oring that sits inside the brass retainer on that pin you see sticking up in there. The reg pin runs thru it and it seats on the back half of teh valve whern it's screwed together.

Hope that clears it up.

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=116&categoryID=23

darthp
09-30-2004, 09:04 PM
ok That clears it up. It's the oring. I have changed that oring, should I try putting in the old oring or just ordering a new parts kit.

CoolHand
09-30-2004, 09:06 PM
Yeah, I missed that part about the Retro too.

But not to worry, I've got one of those too. :ninja:

Hey Jay, check your thread over at my forums.

We'll get your problems sorted, one way or another.

Thank you for your business.

CoolHand
09-30-2004, 09:14 PM
ok That clears it up. It's the oring. I have changed that oring, should I try putting in the old oring or just ordering a new parts kit.

I'd try the old one first (nothing to loose but a little air).

Take a look at the new one when you take it out. Does it have any scratches or nicks in it? as it been mashed or deformed? If it looks OK, then it might be something else. There is another ring under the little brass piece (I think its an On/Off oring). Check it to make sure its not nicked up or mashed. If those are both OK, then check the seal on the back of the reg pin assembly.

If you just need a new reg oring, I know I've got some of them. If you want a whole parts kit, I can see if I can dig one up for ya.

But give the old one a try first, just for ****s and giggles.

Good luck with it.

darthp
09-30-2004, 09:26 PM
I just check the orings and the smallest oring on the back halve of the valve looks almost oval, so I changed it. I'll fire the gun tommorrow and get back to you guys. Should I get back to you guys on here or logic forums?

CoolHand
09-30-2004, 09:53 PM
I just check the orings and the smallest oring on the back halve of the valve looks almost oval, so I changed it. I'll fire the gun tommorrow and get back to you guys. Should I get back to you guys on here or logic forums?

Either one.

Which ever you are most comfortable using (I know some folks don't like PHPBB).

Good luck tomorrow.

darthp
10-01-2004, 06:00 PM
ok I shot the gun today after changing the reg seat oring and the first shot was hot and then the rest were ok(as I fired fast). Then after a couple of seconds I shot again and the first shot is hot then the rest were ok. Every time I wait then shoot the first shot is way hot. What next?

AGDlover
10-01-2004, 06:27 PM
wate wate wate! did you take a Reto piston body, and put it on a classic reg valve body???!!!

darthp
10-01-2004, 06:39 PM
ok I have an emag body with the classic 68 body rail with a retro valve and a lvl 10. Does this help. I'm sorry I'm new to automags.