PDA

View Full Version : What would happen if...

MikeCouves
10-29-2001, 02:28 PM
I am not trying to ask a stupid question or anything...but what would happen if you gassed up your complete mag valve when it was out of the gun? Would air leak down the bolt or would the bolt fly out into the wall? Or something like that? Who knows for a fact?

n1mr0d
10-29-2001, 02:37 PM
I'm pretty sure the on/off would shoot out as well as the bolt.....

ciaran.mooney
10-29-2001, 03:08 PM
If your taking about the whole thing, valve, reg, and bolt then nothing would happen..... unless you want to push that tiny little button on the bottom. Then the thing would just fire! :)

Cha0tic
10-29-2001, 03:28 PM
no mooney, the on/off would shoot out the bottom of the gun at a very high speed. then all the air in your tank youd leak out the hole where the on/off used to be.

don't try this. you will end up with lost eyes and lost on/offs. and no, i don't think any idiot has tried this before.

magattack
10-29-2001, 05:44 PM
well i remember once i forgot to put the sear back in and it went into automatic mode as soon asi gassed it up, it was funny

ciaran.mooney
10-30-2001, 11:32 AM
Why? Ok im talking about the whole of the valve, reg, bolt etc. Is surplus gas realeased by the valve as soon as its gassed? Or does the body of a mag somehow hold the valve, bolt, etc in place somehow?

cphilip
10-30-2001, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Cha0tic
i don't think any idiot has tried this before.
Actauly one Idiot..umm...er...Members friend did pull the valve out while it was still pressurized. Did just as you said Cha0tic. On/Off assembly went to God knows where. he had to get another one.

bofh
10-30-2001, 12:49 PM
yeah, I, er... had a friend do the same thing. The on/off pin goes a flying. Then the whole assembly follows. And no, a person can't hold the pin in like the sear does... I have a lot more respect for that sear now-adays.

FeelTheRT
10-30-2001, 04:58 PM
i acutally had to do that once. I forgot to put in the'thing' (forget what it's called) under hte on/off pin when i put the pin in it fell in too far and couldn't get it out so i gased it up and let the on/off push out abit.

Drizit
10-31-2001, 10:20 AM
the trick is to point the on/off assembly at someone or something you don't like. then gas it up, I'll be fun... TRUST ME..... :eek:
and no.... um.... I've... um... never Sean it happen.... even before I knew what an on/off was.