PDA

View Full Version : Just Came back from Iraq need info on gear

RagingFalcon
09-30-2004, 08:47 PM
Hello all,
I've just returned from Iraq a week ago and I already have a hankering for some paintball but I need to replace some equipment that I sold before I left.

First. Has anyone had any experience with redz pants & jerseys. I'm looking to see if there is any gripes, moans or complaints about comfort and durability. Or, does any one have any suggestions for pants & jerseys.

Next. Knee pads and elbow pads. Again I'm looking for comfort and durability since I plan on wearing these under the jersey/pants.

Next Gloves... Looking for the same as above.

Well that’s it for now. Thanks in advance for any response

paint magnet
09-30-2004, 09:26 PM
I have never tried Redz pants or jerseys, but I would definately recommend their products in general - they have excellent customer service and their products seem to be well made and well designed. And of course, they are called "Redz Comfort Gear" for a reason.

I'd also recommend Dye, although the majority of their products, while certainly well-designed, are, in my opinion, overpriced, you can often find stuff left over from last year that didn't sell at large discounts. I believe www.paintballgear.com still has a rather large selection of Dye '03 and '02 Core gloves (which retailed for ~$35) for around $15. So if you want something made by Dye, just wait until 2005 and you should be able to get this year's products much cheaper.

WDP also has a new line of pants/gloves/etc. that is supposed to be very good as well - though, as with Dye, they are more expensive than others.

Hope this helps, glad to hear you got back from Iraq safely :)

tony3
09-30-2004, 09:49 PM
Redz makes the BEST pants on the market HANDS DOWN. I have owned my pair of redz demension pants for almost 2 years and not ONE rip on them. I abuse them pretty bad too, considering I play snake 75% of the time. These pants look as good as the day I bought them and are still going strong. I highly suggest redz pants.

As for jerseys, I don't own one anymore, just wear a draxxus tshirt or my black longsleeve shirt. Any jersey you think looks cool, go for it.

Pads-Empire pads are the next hot thing. They provide lots of protection while being very breathable, definitely good stuff.

Gloves-Dye gloves for sure, any kind you think look cool.

RagingFalcon
09-30-2004, 10:06 PM
You know I was going to make a comment on my original post about Me not a fan of DYE gear since almost everybody and their mom wears them plus the fact they are semi-overpriced. The previous jerseys/pants that I had were dye but I hate the fact of wearing something everybody else wears even if its a good buy. I'm one of the peoples that like to be individuals. One of the main reasons why I got a mag.

Thanks for the posts though.

oldsoldier
09-30-2004, 10:17 PM
Redz pants are nice. They hold up to abuse well. I have had probs with DYE gear in the past, particularly thier pants. Empire is the new DYE now (everyone wants some), and, honestly, their pants are nice. Personally, gloves are gloves. Same with jerseys. PAds, I use DYE forearm/elbow pads. I dont normally wear kneepads, although I may start. I am looking into something similar to my elbow pads though, as I hate having straps across my legs.

GT
09-30-2004, 10:19 PM
BTW---WELCOME HOME!!! Nice to see you back!

:headbang:

FSU_Paintball
09-30-2004, 10:47 PM
My personal opinion:

Pants and jerseys: Dye or Empire

Knee and elbow pads: Dye elbow pads, Empire Ventz for either.

Gloves - Angel Gloves are by far the nicest, but don't hold up well. Dye makes good gloves.

Mask - Vforce Profiler or JT Pro-Flex

Pack - NXe or Empire

Tank - crossfire screw-in

Marker - Alias, Matrix, Viking, whatever you prefer.

And welcome back!

Python14
09-30-2004, 11:11 PM
First and foremost, Welcome back and Thank you for giving your time and risking your life in Iraq. I wish there were more people like you in the world.

I haven't heard too much about REDZ pants. But the little I have heard has been good.

However, my recommendation are DYE pants. They are comfy, durable, lightweight, and stylish. They are overall well worth every dime you might pay.

For knee pads, just get whatever is comfy and affortable. I use some ones I got for skating that do great. They were like $11 at Wallyworld

And for gloves, go get some Mpact IIs from lowes or whatever hardwate store is around. They are good.

Athius
10-01-2004, 12:24 AM
For knee pads dont use empire ventz they give protection to the front part of the knee but not un the sides of the knees and well they break easily. Do like i did i bought some pro-tec knee pads which are used for skate boading and they are great lots of protection.

From the knee pads ive used rollerblade/skateboard and the best but the ones made by paintball companies they all suck. The vents where cool but they dont give that much protection.

Army
10-01-2004, 12:47 AM
Paintball Junkies makes good stuff, and they aren't too high priced like most pants.

BTW, glad you made it home safe, we'll keep the fight going here while you're gone:)

demonguy8
10-01-2004, 03:38 AM
Having been one of the guys to run Pbgears Retail store for a while Ill toss my $0.02 in....

First Id recommend waiting a few weeks till after cup when all the new clothing/products in general get released..

That being said, MY CURRENT PICS WOULD BE:

PANTS:Dye C4 or the JT pants with the padded knees are the way to go for pants ATM. *warning the dye pants are not only expensive but Ive had MULTIPLE customers complain about stitching coming undone!!!

Pads: well this is soo horribly user preference i cannot comment, try em all see what fits...(had entirely too many customers NOT agree on this issue)

Mask: Vforce Profiler is miles above everyone atm

Gun: A4FLY (cough have one for sale cuz Im poor cough), Alais timmy, DM4, 03shocker, ICD freestyle are the "latest and greatest"

Tank: I ALWAYS recommended Crossfire screw-ins HIGH FLOW consistant FPS. NEVER ANY PROBLEMS ON THE 3 Xfire tanks Ive owned...

Barrel: Im a sucker for SP barrels (FREAK), but Dye ultralites, Empire kits, or Stiffis also get my approval

Loader: Egg2 w/ Zboard or HALOB W/ Victory board.

Anything else just ask Ill give ya my completely unbias brutally honest opinion. (Not working for gear anymore means I can say whatever the **** I want) :headbang:

Janixs
10-01-2004, 07:35 AM
If you want something that no one wears try Fox. I wear their jersey and gloves, they make them for Moto-X but they are great for balling.

Doobie
10-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Wecome back! Glad your home in one piece!

I'll throw a new name in the ring,
Pants: Smokin's Outlast pants with XTC knee pads = Awesome :hail:
Never had a more bombproof pair of pants. The knee pads slide ino a pocket on the outside of the knee and are always in the right spot for me. I don't have that restricted feeling of something around my knees.

Elbow pads: Dye core. Very comfortable and I sometimes get a little :bounce: out of them ;)

Gloves: I wear Raven Morphion gloves and love them. Have never had my gun slip in my hands since owning them.

Hope that helps a little and again...welcome home! :cheers:

ilikePB
10-01-2004, 01:08 PM
My personal opinion:

Pants and jerseys - Empire

Knee and elbow pads - Empire Ventz for either

Gloves - Empire

Mask - Vforce Profiler, JT Pro-Flex, or DYE Invisions

Pack - NXe or Empire

Tank - Crossfire screw-in

Marker - Alias Timmy, DM4, Viking, SFT Shocker, Freestyle

Loader - Empire Reloader B or V35 Halo B

And welcome back!

madmolly
10-01-2004, 01:14 PM
I have used a pair of Nexed pants all year and for 35 bucks they have been well worth the money. Durable and strech in all the right areas.

Eagle
10-01-2004, 01:28 PM
What branch you in? Squid here. I use some knee pads that I got a tacticle goods store, and gloves I where JT's

TheTramp
10-01-2004, 03:46 PM
Wecome back! Glad your home in one piece!

I'll throw a new name in the ring,
Pants: Smokin's Outlast pants with XTC knee pads = Awesome :hail:
Never had a more bombproof pair of pants. The knee pads slide ino a pocket on the outside of the knee and are always in the right spot for me. I don't have that restricted feeling of something around my knees.

You beat me to it and I couldn't put it any better!

I LOVE my Smokin' pants with the slip-in knee pads.

They have complete freedom of movment while standing/running yet give total protection as soon as you go into a kneeling position.