PDA

View Full Version : "other positive pressure feed system[s]"

theraidenproject
10-29-2001, 02:47 PM
on warpig, there's an article about converting a c/f e-matrix to use "...a Warp Feed or other positive pressure feed system." My question is, are there any other "...positive pressure feed system[s]" besides the warp? Thanks.

Gunga
10-29-2001, 03:42 PM
I suppose you could call the eVLution a positive pressure system since it doesn't use a gravity feed. The impeller uh...'impels' ;) the paintballs into the feed stack.

I don't have one, but from the pics and descriptions of the Halo, I'd guess that it could be called a positive pressure system as well.

The article you're referring to looks to be a Warp Feed specific mod to the eMatrix though.

n1mr0d
10-29-2001, 03:46 PM
what about the thing the proteam girl is wearing on her back? and raven paintball had some kid wearing a thing too...it had a tube leading to the powerfeed tube.

emanjamin
10-29-2001, 03:52 PM
I think I know what you are talking about.
It has been officially released but what it is is a backpack with a revy (halved from the top) connected at the bottom of the backpack with a warpfeed pushing the balls out from the lower of your back over your shoulder and it would hook directly up to your gun. I have seen it at the AGD booth at the IAO this year. I *think* that Jon said that a guy made that because he was handicapped in some way. Don't quote me on that though.
I think you could walk out with 1200 rounds with it. It is pretty cool.

Anybody going to back this up?

LCDmag1
10-29-2001, 04:04 PM
you have a link to this backpack loader thing?

AGD
10-29-2001, 05:20 PM
Those back pack systems shown in the adds are fakes. We do have one here that is being developed by Art Demarko who is one armed.

AGD

n1mr0d
10-29-2001, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Those back pack systems shown in the adds are fakes. We do have one here that is being developed by Art Demarko who is one armed.

AGD

Tom....why can't you reply to my ONE thread that I need help on?

Please? =]

LCDmag1
10-29-2001, 09:00 PM
The ones in the adds may be fake but i saw a while back on warpig an actual backpack loader. Just wondering if anyone had any info on it?

Chaos
10-29-2001, 11:34 PM
LCDmag, yes I remember this. It was in development a while back, i believe the company gave up on. If I recall, word is they were having problems feeding the paint, and kinks in the line. Think, that long hose has to be either hard or just not get kinked at all to keep the paint feeding. The feed rate couldn't keep up with the high end rate of fire that most guns have now.

You guys act as if the warp feed is the main system and has been around for years, in the development of 'force feed' systems. The girl with the backpack has been around for years. Pro Team and Raven both supposedly 'had' a backpack system, not sure on the truth of that. Last I heard Raven was working on something, that was a while back tho and if they did I think they deserted the project.

Lets not forget the TS-1 line of paintball guns. They featured the 'chain assist' and have been around for years. They weren't tourniment legal and their design created a lot of wear and tear on the parts, so it was very common for orings to blow when the gun was put in full auto. An easy fix but when your gun goes down on the field, thats a problem. They weren't tourniment legal by the way because they were able to go into full auto, and the feed system was only for the TS-1 which is why it wasn't tourni legal.

billmi
10-30-2001, 04:01 PM
ProTeam didn't have a backpack system - that was drawn in photoshop for an ad campaign.

The backpack system shown on the 'pig a couple of years ago didn't have rate of fire, or kinking problems - it was just expensive (had it's own compressed air system, wasn't able to be reloaded on the field, and held less than 500 balls. In short it was impractical.

The eVLution is not force feed, as it relies on gravity, as does the HALO in present design form (neither one will feed uphill against gravity.

The 2XS loader (not on the market yet) is the other loader I had in mind when I mentioned that.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills