PDA

View Full Version : S-Video Graphicsa card to TV

10-01-2004, 08:19 PM
I just found my S-Video cable that came with my graphics card and tried plugging it into my tv but nothing happens. What do I need to make it work. The Tv doesnt recognize it being connected and neither does the computer.

cheetah256
10-01-2004, 08:54 PM
make sure you have the latest drivers installed, then right click on your desktop, and go to properties. go to the settings tab on the far right, and select the grayed out "2" monitor. check the box that says "extend my windows environment to this monitor" and hit apply. should work if the tv is set to the svideo input.

MonsterMag
10-01-2004, 10:18 PM
with my vid card i just connect the s video calbe and unplug the monitor plug and.... volia :cheers:

Warewolf50
10-01-2004, 11:14 PM
well depends on what u want if u want to use it as like a 2nd monitor do what was said above, if u wanna like try to play games on find whater options that is clone montior and set that. But if u are using a norm tv not like a hi def one it will look horrible do to the resolotion on TVs being soo much lower then on moniitors. I hook my comp up to a hidef tv to play doom 3 and and that looskf fine but trying to read text on the desktop and what not is still horibble eventhough it is hidef.

thecavemankevin
10-01-2004, 11:15 PM
with my vid card i just connect the s video calbe and unplug the monitor plug and.... volia :cheers:

next time do what cheetah said and you wont have to unplug your monitor

10-05-2004, 08:40 PM
I now have my tv working, so i can use it as a monitor but now is there any way to make my monitor a tv?

cheetah256
10-05-2004, 10:13 PM
I now have my tv working, so i can use it as a monitor but now is there any way to make my monitor a tv?

yes, but you'll have to buy a tv tuner card. they usually have coaxial inputs, which is what you want : ) most video cards only have outputs, not inputs.