PDA

View Full Version : Halo...

Trunnion
10-29-2001, 04:13 PM
a friend of mine just told me that the HALO is in jeopardy of production due to a patent mix up. from what he says the operation of the HALO is so similar to that of the evolution that BE can jump on them for the patent. is this true?

Vil3
10-29-2001, 05:09 PM
I sure hope not i have been waiting for a HALO for soo long that thing is going to kick some ***!.

Webmaster
10-29-2001, 05:12 PM
I doubt it... The people working on the HALO used to work for VL. They are quite aware of the patents. When I last saw a prototype, the inside hardly even resembled an ego - so I doubt there will be a patent issue.

AGD
10-29-2001, 05:14 PM
Lots of patent rumors going around. I can answer you with definite authority since we are in comunication with the HALO guys almost every day. NO there are no legal threats from any direction in regards to the HALO project. They have an issued patent. End of story.

AGD

Trunnion
10-29-2001, 05:15 PM
thank you very much for the clarification

DYE-BaLLeR
10-29-2001, 05:58 PM
how fast can halo feed?

FeelTheRT
10-29-2001, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DYE-BaLLeR
how fast can halo feed?

faster than what you can ever shoot :).

DYE-BaLLeR
10-29-2001, 06:20 PM
hows it work, anyone got pics?

mac2k4
10-29-2001, 06:24 PM
at the AGD booth durin the cup they had a lil' warp feed/halo presentation going and the halo was easily keeping up w/ the warp.

Vil3
11-13-2001, 07:13 PM
mac2k4, if anything the warp cant keep up with the HALO-the halo can feed up to 30 bps gravity according to the warpig review-even the warp cant feed that fast-im not big on the warp anyways, all my friends and i have had are problems

mac2k4
11-13-2001, 07:17 PM
yeah i don't like it either, but from what every one here said for a while was that the warp was faster than the halo, i was just sayin they were wrong

deded
11-13-2001, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Vil3
the halo can feed up to 30 bps gravity

The halo most use some kind of force feed, not just gravity. I'm pretty sure that it is impossible for just gravity to do more than about 13 balls per second.

Vil3
11-13-2001, 07:33 PM
it uses gravity but while it is "arranging the balls" it also ends up shooting them down with force therefore force feeding them down

ZeroXtreme
11-13-2001, 07:45 PM
The claim on the HALO homepage is 16+ BPS, not 30BPS.
I was also skeptic about being able to feed more than 13BPS through a gravity feed loader, however when I saw the internal design of the HALO, I finally understood how it can accomplish this.

The impeller actually "throws" the ball into the feed tube which is angled to receive the ball from the impeller. So there is actually some "force feeding" being applied as opposed to other loaders just stirring, vibrating or guiding the balls to free fall into the feed neck.

Check the image I attached. :)

vtec
11-13-2001, 09:15 PM
oooooooh its purty

CleenSweep
11-13-2001, 10:15 PM
That's very nice. Where did you get that picture and whatis Halo's hompage? I would like to visit it.:)

CleenSweep
11-13-2001, 10:19 PM
Holy HALO batman!!! I just price that thing at $135 is this true? I would just assume get a warp for my mag w/my 12v revy. I only shoot is bursts anyway.

ProjectMag
11-13-2001, 10:23 PM
HALO website

www.odysseypaintball.com

AGD
11-13-2001, 10:23 PM
HALO IS NOT A FORCE FEED LOADER!! Not in any way shape or form, period. It doesn't "throw" the balls down the tube. The balls feed into the gun through gravity ONLY. It is only claiming 16 bps. It even has a detent to prevent balls being thrown down the tube.

The Warp has virtually unlimited speed if you just put a bigger motor in it. It always will have the speed advantage because it doesn't have to organize the balls into a stream.

Jeez, next thing will be that it has a tiny black hole powering the motor.

zvanut
11-13-2001, 10:25 PM
wow...... a tiny black hole, cool. LOL

r u hinting us in on a new development Tom?

billmi
11-14-2001, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by deded

The halo most use some kind of force feed, not just gravity. I'm pretty sure that it is impossible for just gravity to do more than about 13 balls per second.

You have to keep that in context. One of the prototype HALOs (different bearings and software than production) could empty itself at 30 balls per second. A hopper emptying itself is very different than feeding a paintgun, which must start and stop with each shot, and is where Manike's 13 ball per second math makes sense.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

Cha0tic
11-14-2001, 10:17 AM
the warp can fire as fast as you want it to, but only in bursts with a slower loader.

thecavemankevin
11-14-2001, 10:19 AM
The warp hold something like 10 or so balls in it, plus what is in the feed hose. So the warp can basically feed those 10 or so balls in at whatever speed nececary. Now traditional revs have a hard time keeping with the feed demands of the warp and gun. The halo supposedly can feed/drop the balls fast than a traditional rev, thus it can keep up with the demands of the high bps count.

joeyjoe367
11-14-2001, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Jeez, next thing will be that it has a tiny black hole powering the motor.

But wait, how could a black hole be tiny? I mean, a real black hole doesn't even have volume. It's supposed to be a point (no length, width or depth) of infinate density... How could you make THAT any smaller? :D

j/k I just HAD to post that :)

MajorDamage
11-14-2001, 03:41 PM
Yeah Halos feed like 16bps, Warps can feed over 20 bps. The warp is still faster :).

ENDO!

billmi
11-18-2001, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by vf-xx
but isn't the warp still limited to how fast the loader can feed it?

I haven't ever seen one in use so I'm not sure on how they work.

Yes, aside from burst of 6-7 shots or so, the WARP is limited to the speed of the hopper that feeds it.

However....
Hoppers can feed faster if they are feeding continuously, instead of that feeed-wait-feed-wait-feed-wait pattern in which the balls must be fed into the breech of the paintgun. A hopper can just dump paint continuously into the spinning wheel of the warp faster than it can deliver balls into a paintgun breech.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

Vegeta
11-18-2001, 11:11 AM
It looks simillar to the the Air/piston adjitated hopper that Dennis Tippmann was using on his 98 at the feild one day, shown at warpig. It was a modifyed F/A hopper, which looks like a coffee can, but in the bottom it had a star shaped cog that had room in btween eash arm for a ball. the new prototype worked on the blowback gas from the 98 it was on. A small hole was drilled into the valve, like when a RT trig is put on, but it ran to a piston that powered the hopper. every shot, hte extra gas, which was normally wasted, powered the piston, which fed 1 more ball down the elbow at the same time after the ball was fired out of the gun. it was continous, and asn't totally force fed. halo is much like that, only using a motor and sensors im sure.

FooTemps
11-18-2001, 02:27 PM
How would you carry that motor with the tiny black hole in it? it would probably weigh as much as a star! lol! "Don't get too close to than new hopper, it'll suck you right in!"

It looks like the halo pre stacks the ball so there's more weight going onto one ball making it drop faster... Oh wait, weight doesn't matter, all things drop at the same rate...

Bonx0007
11-18-2001, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps

It looks like the halo pre stacks the ball so there's more weight going onto one ball making it drop faster... Oh wait, weight doesn't matter, all things drop at the same rate...

All thing drop at the same speed in a vacum! There is air to deal with. Friction. Also, it will fall faster if some thing is slightly forcing it in to place.