PDA

View Full Version : Question about Automag RT or automags in general

CaptainDip
10-02-2004, 10:03 AM
I just bought an Automag RT on ebay. I haven't run air through it or anything, but I am concerned about the trigger. The trigger is very woobly, like there is no trigger pull at all. The piston that goest against the trigger moves back and forth if I shake the gun. Is this because no air is running though the gun? It looks to be in great shape, just wasn't sure if I should be concerned about this. Any help wuold be great!

Chronobreak
10-02-2004, 10:05 AM
welcome to AO

classic rt? yes all mags need air in the gun to push the sear to the trigger it wonr work otherwise.

Fuji
10-02-2004, 10:06 AM
Welcome to AO!

Yes, there should be no pressure on the trigger if there is no air in the system.

CaptainDip
10-02-2004, 10:07 AM
welcome to AO

classic rt? yes all mags need air in the gun to push the sear to the trigger it wonr work otherwise.

Pro... So this should be a big upgrade from a spyder e-99 eh??

Fuji
10-02-2004, 10:08 AM
Definitely a nice move up! In fact, my first upgrade was from a Spyder SE to a minimag RT. You'll find that the higher the input pressure, the higher the reactivity of the trigger. Just remember that CO2 cannot be used with an RT valve. :)

Stealthgerbil
10-02-2004, 10:32 AM
When I got my mag, I thought it was broken too. When I gassed it up, it popped into position though.

LUKE4696
10-02-2004, 11:17 AM
Yup, your 'mag should be fine. If it starts leaking air when you gas it up, then you should be concerned. If you don't know much about 'mags, then you might have bought an RT with no level X. This isn't a problem, as this option can easily be added. If you don't know what a Level X is, or whether or not you have one, you'll find out the first time you play. If your marker turns into a paint blender, then chances are you don't have one (unless you are shooting rocks). They're approx. $80 and are one of the best mechanical anti-chop bolts on the marker. Once again, welcome, and enjoy your new RT.
-Luke

Lohman446
10-03-2004, 03:46 AM
Yup, your 'mag should be fine. If it starts leaking air when you gas it up, then you should be concerned. If you don't know much about 'mags, then you might have bought an RT with no level X. This isn't a problem, as this option can easily be added. If you don't know what a Level X is, or whether or not you have one, you'll find out the first time you play. If your marker turns into a paint blender, then chances are you don't have one (unless you are shooting rocks). They're approx. $80 and are one of the best mechanical anti-chop bolts on the marker. Once again, welcome, and enjoy your new RT.
-Luke

I thought to check for LX you were supposed to stick your finger in the firing chamber and pull the trigger. If there is blood involved you don't have LX.

DISCLAIMER: Don't be stupid and do this.