PDA

View Full Version : RT, Help! Ear PIERCING Shriek from valve assembly!

draos
10-29-2001, 04:52 PM
Help Guys! I've been having valve problems with my RT lately and I thought I finally got it fixed, so I hooked in my air tank today and the second I turn the pressure there is this super loud ear piercing shriek that comes out the back near the hole for the chrono adjustment(in the rear of the valve)! Any ideas on what the hell is causing this? The trigger pressures and the bar shoots outward but it sounds like I'm loosing a lot of gas out the back too where the sound comes from. Did I put something in backwards? I just bought the RT a few weeks ago off ebay and it worked fine when I got it and is in pretty good shape.

-Tim

freakyt
10-30-2001, 09:58 AM
Your velocity is probably too high. Turn the velocty screw all the way out, and then, as you feel it grab the sping back, give it about a quater turn and gas it up.

The shriek is probably a whistle of air comming out of there with a little bit of oil on it.

That valve on back where the air is comming from is a safty feature. Your pressure is wayyyy to high if it is venting out of the back.

Anybody know if the velocity setting on an RT is as sensative as it is on a AIR valve?

freakyt
10-30-2001, 10:04 PM
You should probably also hold the trigger down when you gas it up. That's good practice to get into to, although for your problem, it probably won't fix the shriek.

draos
10-30-2001, 10:34 PM
Hey guys i had it screwed it in too tight.

Problem solved thanks! :)

-Tim