PDA

View Full Version : RT Pro Problems

CaptainDip
10-03-2004, 12:26 PM
Bought a automag rt online the other day. Well I went to the paintball field and all was well until I broke a ball in the chamber. The gun stopped shooting, so I took it apart, cleaned it all out. Reassembled it and the gun started acting up. When I shot, it would shoot 2 balls at a time, and they were both coming out pretty fast. When the game started, my gun started lobbing balls, like I would shoot one and then next would go probably about 5 feet. My compressed air was filled up so that wasn't the problem. Any ideas? When I got home I cleaned it out and oiled it, I am just kind of concerned seeing this is a $700+ gun. (also if it helps any, I was using a non motorized hopper because mine broke before the game). Any help would be appreciated.. Thank you!

athomas
10-05-2004, 08:27 AM
Using a non motorized hopper is a recipe for disaster on a mag. That is why you chopped a ball to start with. Double feeding after that is probably due to the barrel nubbins being stuck down and not holding the balls in the chamber properly. If any broken ball material got in around the sear mechanism, it could slow it down and cause short stroking and charge problems which would attribute to the shootdown. Best thing to do is completely take the mag apart and clean it. Even clean the internals of the valve, especially since it was bought used. That way you can inspect the internals and replace any suspect o-rings.