PDA

View Full Version : Max Flo and DYnaflow Maintenance

Carbon Blue
10-03-2004, 06:52 PM
hey whats up! i plan on buying either a smart parts max flo or a centerflag dynaflow both being 68ci 4500psi tanks. Iam currently using an ACI Bulldog 2 or 3 tank. Are there any different maintenance issues i should know about. Because basically with the bulldog all i do is put light oil on the oring wipe it downs and its ready to go. Do i have to take anything apart with the dynaflo or maxflo?

AzrealDarkmoonZ
10-03-2004, 07:50 PM
I have had both.

Have an MaxFlo that I cleaned it once I got it, kept it 8-12 months, never tore it apart and got super consistent readings. Also seen 3 that were a pain to keep working correctly.

Dynaflow for the few short months I used it really impresssed me with its maintenance and on/off. Never cleaned it but it was always double regged so I don';t know how consistent it was.

Az

MonsterMag
10-03-2004, 07:53 PM
some maxflow you have to replace the on/off valve oring

by the way i will sell you my maxflo for 135 shipped , thats as low as i can go

Z-man
10-03-2004, 08:23 PM
I have only used the 2 stage Max-Flos but both of them have performed flawlessly. One I did not replace anythign on for over 3 years and when the fill nibble started leaking I replaced all the internals and it was just like new. If the new ones are as good as the old 2 step but lighter, they are a rock solid choice.

To be fair though, the DynaFlows I have seen or played with have been every bit as good but they have a bleed valve and are MUCH lighter.

Carbon Blue
10-04-2004, 05:51 PM
When did the max flos start becoming the light weight versions? Some guy is selling me his tank and it has a hydro of 03. Are those the two stage light weight versions u were talking about zman?

Z-man
10-04-2004, 06:07 PM
When did the max flos start becoming the light weight versions? Some guy is selling me his tank and it has a hydro of 03. Are those the two stage light weight versions u were talking about zman?

It was in mid 2003 when Smart Parts introduced the lighter inline version of their regulators so I would as him to confirm which his is. I got the last of the 2003 2 stage designs (oh well) and I have no experience with the new inline system. They appear to be on the same performance level as the older 2 stage "Manifold" design from what I hear.

Titansu
10-04-2004, 06:19 PM
To be fair though, the DynaFlows I have seen or played with have been every bit as good but they have a bleed valve and are MUCH lighter.

Major selling point there... That maxflow will keep pressure in the marker after you turn it off. Sure, you can dry-fire a few times to bleed that, but the Level 10 keeps 500-ish PSI (I was told) remaining in the valve. Try taking off your macro line or braided hose w/ that! :eek:

The Dynaflow's "pop" when you turn them off - that bleed Z-man mentioned. Degasses everything. :headbang:

Also the Dynaflow's came out with an new removable dovetail mount. If your dovetail begins to chip/crack/break you can get a new mount for $14-ish. In the past, you were S.O.L.

Plus, I'm 45 mins from AGD and Centerflag - I'm partial to busting down doors if my equipment acts up on me. :nono:

GT
10-04-2004, 06:40 PM
dynaflow is the best tank for mags, hands down. :hail:

Carbon Blue
10-04-2004, 08:41 PM
Do any of you other guys know if the level 10 really does hoard in another 500psi when the tank is shut off? Is there a way of bleeding that? i dont want to pull my valve out and end up having my on/off pin shoot out at me. :ninja:

Titansu
10-04-2004, 08:46 PM
Do any of you other guys know if the level 10 really does hoard in another 500psi when the tank is shut off? Is there a way of bleeding that? i dont want to pull my valve out and end up having my on/off pin shoot out at me. :ninja:

You could also get a slide check or Pro-connect.

Carbon Blue
10-04-2004, 11:17 PM
what is a slide check? what is a pro connect?

Titansu
10-04-2004, 11:33 PM
Slide check - http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=p5a9GqBz9_q9MeERhCh9sqq6r7t40ztxyQU=?Pro ductID=aOCsFAY7y3sAAAD4na3krFs5

Pro-connect - http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=p5a9GqBz9_q9MeERhCh9sqq6r7t40ztxyQU=?Pro ductID=_aKsFAY76X8AAAD3A3ilA_2t

They remove the pressure going into your gun... safer than a stock quick disconnect. I think slide checks bleed and pro-connects actually disconnect. Pro-connects are good if your tank doesn't act as an on/off because you can leave your tank on but it won't loose air unless the male end is connected. You can have 800+ psi.

Z-man
10-04-2004, 11:38 PM
yeah since my Max-Flo does not have a bleed valve I threw in a slide check on my SFL. Works great because it allows me to pop off the air rapidly, check something on the gun and pop it back on.