PDA

View Full Version : classic mag problem

BEEFYDAN
10-03-2004, 10:59 PM
Ive had my mag classic for about 5 years now. Its been used hard, but ive always stripped cleaned and lubed it everytime i used it. Im having a problem with it now. It was having a problem with firing fast. It seemed like the bolt was sticking. If i pushed it back it would reset itself. I just got a lvl 10 and set it up. It seems to werk fine. But then I developed another problem. The on/off is taking a long time to recharge it seems like. I kin fire once and it takes like 2 seconds to reset. And also it will chuff alot. Probably about half the time. I dont know what the problem is. After i put the lvl 10 in it werked ok for about 3 games then it fouled up on me. I was thinking that it might be the on/off assembly or maybe just the orings. could the rubber power tube o-ring that goes in the on/off assembly be the problem? Should i just replace the whole assembly? Is it even the on/off assembly or something else? The power tube o-ring that is in there now looks ok. None of the o-rings in the gun have ever been replaced becasue ive never had a problem until now. The gun has probably had 50,000 rounds thru it at least in the five years that ive had it. I know that mags are supposed to last forever, so whats going on here?
Thanx in advance to anybody that kin help me
BEEFYDAN

Rift
10-03-2004, 11:21 PM
after installing the lvl 10 did you turnup the velocity of the gun? this is often a factor that takes part in tuning the lvl 10.

BEEFYDAN
10-04-2004, 12:09 PM
yeah i turned the velocity way up in case that was the problem. But it still does it. When it does shoot a round, it'll be at an extremely high velocity but other than that it didnt improve the recharge rate. the thing is that It was doing similar things before the lvl 10 got put in. I thought that perhaps it was the spring originally. When I installed the lvl 10 it seemed to werk fine for awhile then it started acting up again. When i installed the lvl 10 i went and stripped and cleaned everything else and relubed it. It seems like that gets the gun working good for awhile then the functions start to deteriorate until it doesnt function very well at all.

Asym
10-04-2004, 03:20 PM
Sounds like your on/off is sticking, but you might be having some bolt stick also. You say sometimes it takes a few seconds to recharge which could be your on/off pin is stcking becuase you might have accidently put it in upside down or its scratched or dirt/crap is stuck to it. It could also be the small white orings that slide on that on/off pin you say they've never been replaced, check them for grime clean them see if they need to be replaced. The larger oring thats the same size as the old powertube isn't as important since it just seals and has nothing that needs to slide on it like the on/off smaller white orings.

If it is bolt stick just follow the directions for the level 10, go with the biggest carrier that doesn't leak.
Do you use CO2 or HPA?

athomas
10-05-2004, 08:07 AM
It is most likely bolt stick. As mentioned, tune your level 10 setup. Try going to the next larger carrier.