PDA

View Full Version : A glimpse into my n00b days...

hobbesTZ
10-03-2004, 11:24 PM
I was just looking at a couple reviews I did on PBreview.com from back in 2002. I thought my perspective on paintball back then was :rofl:, so I've decided to share.

Spyder E99 Review...

Period of
Product Use: 3 months

Paintball
Experience: 1 year

Similar
Products Used: Minimag, 98 Custom, Rebel Deluxe. These werent quite as good as the E99. I've had a lot of problems with the mag since I was using CO2.

Marker Setup: Spyder E99, Halo B, 14" CP Barrel, ACI Subzero 6 stage exp. chamber.

Recommended
Upgrades:

New barrel, new bolt, some kind of homemade grip job since the stock frame blows. The exp. chamber isnt much of an EXP chamber.

Product Year: Unspecified Strengths: Seems to be very reliable. With the right paintmatch and my CP barrel I am very accurate. The DIP switch frame is nice (does it really cost that much more for a small LCD screen?) because of the decent ROF for the price range. It looks cool. Light weight. The chonograph showed that the shots stay at a relatively close speed. The range is pretty good, would have been better if I ran N2.

Weaknesses: Bolt is cheap. Beaver tail/ sight is sharp. The ESP frame dont have any other grips made for them, which they really need. The simple plastic frame with a tiny rounded off triangle thats supposed to add to your grip but your fingers just slide over it. That doesnt really matter if your gonna use your other hand of the exp. chamber, but when you cant hang on to the EXP. chamber, the gun tends to sway since its hard as heck to hang on to the grip. Also, the stock exp. chamber is more of a cheap gas through grip, so its pretty much necessary to upgrade unless you like blowing frost.

Conclusion: Its deff. worth a purchase. I bought mine from PBgear.com for $140 shipped. If you dont have to play paintball against a lot of angels, high-end cockers, and such, then it makes a great main gun.

Rating:
8 out of 10

A 32* Remote...

Period of
Product Use:
3 months Paintball

Experience:
1 year

Similar
Products Used:
a regular bottomline setup Marker Setup: Spyder E99, Halo B, 14" CP Barrel, ACI Subzero 6 stage exp. chamber.

Product Year: Unspecified

Strengths: Well, it seems to be very remote-like. Its coiled, so it goes as long as you could ever want. It does a good job of keeping a flow of air and keeping liquid out of your system with CO2. Its most deff. a solid buy.

Weaknesses: Tends to get tangled VERY easy, and its VERY hard to get straightened out, so you have to be carefull with it. I didnt really care for the on/off head, because it seemed cheap (very 32* like).

Conclusion: Its certainly worth the purchase. All you have to do is be sure that it says untangled, and you'll be set to jet. Rating:
8 out of 10

I just wish I wrote more :cry:

LittlePaintballBoy
10-03-2004, 11:29 PM
I was so much worse than you when I was a n00b. Luckily for me I never wrote any reviews on PBR :p

teufelhunden
10-03-2004, 11:40 PM
rofl, you had a Halo B and an expansion chamber on the same gun.

can'tthink of1
10-04-2004, 03:29 PM
Those reviews weren't half bad and actually helpful imo.

People worry too much about sounding like a noob, they need to just go out and have fun balling, cause in the end having fun is all that matters.

BobTheCow
10-04-2004, 05:00 PM
Strengths: Well, it seems to be very remote-like. Its coiled, :rofl:

I remeber FalconGuy and I made a bunch of reviews back in teh day... haha and he eventually got banned from pbr for reveiwing EVERYTHING, sometimes retardedly, most of the time without even knowing what he was talking about, much less had he ever used the product. :rolleyes: :p

kungfuhampster11
10-04-2004, 06:39 PM
when i tihnk of my newbert days, it gives me a good felling inside . . . . lol i wish i could play the version of me 1 year ago, i wonder how bad id own him