PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 problem?

rkjunior303
10-04-2004, 08:27 AM
OK, so Tuna hooked me up with a new LX in my Micro-e mag.. It seemed to shoot ok at AONE but I -think- i've been getting some bolt stick and higher BPS.. If I'm just slowly shooting, it seems to be ok but once I start to rail on it.. I get a chuff/stick sound, not to mention once in a while it leaks down the barrel.

Any suggestions on how to debug it? First time messing with LX myself..

Dayspring
10-04-2004, 08:30 AM
Believe it or not, but oil your on/off pin assembly and the reg pin.

If it's leaking, check and see if it's a carrier leak or a shim leak.

rkjunior303
10-04-2004, 09:51 AM
Believe it or not, but oil your on/off pin assembly and the reg pin.

If it's leaking, check and see if it's a carrier leak or a shim leak.

How do i determine if its a shim or carrier leak? I just got it back from Tuna, who went through the entire marker, oiled it and replaced any soft parts that needed it.

Dayspring
10-04-2004, 10:52 AM
Air it up.

Push your finger against the bolt. If the leak changes tone, go to a tighter carrier.

If the leak stops, take a shim out.

And just cuz he oiled it doesn't mean it doesn't need it again. Actually PHYSICALLY oiling the on/off pin & assembly orings as well as the reg pin (if it's an Xvalve/RT) is a necessary step that doesn't get done by just running oil through it.

rkjunior303
10-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Air it up.

Push your finger against the bolt. If the leak changes tone, go to a tighter carrier.

If the leak stops, take a shim out.

And just cuz he oiled it doesn't mean it doesn't need it again. Actually PHYSICALLY oiling the on/off pin & assembly orings as well as the reg pin (if it's an Xvalve/RT) is a necessary step that doesn't get done by just running oil through it.

rock on. I'll mess with that tonight! Thanks dude!