PDA

View Full Version : Just a question about my hopper

ojhspyro89
10-04-2004, 02:22 PM
Ok on my Apache AK can i add another battery without frying the board?

Just answer that question dont say anything else please, i dont want u ruining my fun :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Wow 20 people but nobody knows!?

Onryou
10-04-2004, 03:26 PM
i'd say you could so long as you added a voltage regulator between them and the board. i'm no electrical engineer but every other battery mod i've seen seems to use them to keep the higher voltage of multiple batteries to a level that the electronics can take it.

now we just wait for someone to correct me :D

ojhspyro89
10-04-2004, 07:33 PM
Well yeah i hope someone does so i dont break something.

Are there such things as voltage regs?

Im just tryin to get this hopper to go faster so if ya got any ideas other than buyin a new hopper tell me im willing to do anything stupid..

Adrenaline_Junkie
10-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Putting another battery in w\o some kind of reg will more than likly fry your board. However, if you did put another battery in and did use a voltage regulator it would not make the hopper faster because you would just be lowering the voltage down to what it normally would be. Just a thought lol.

Onryou
10-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Voltage Regulator at RadioShack (http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=276-1771)

thats a voltage regulator.

ojhspyro89
10-04-2004, 08:31 PM
Putting another battery in w\o some kind of reg will more than likly fry your board. However, if you did put another battery in and did use a voltage regulator it would not make the hopper faster because you would just be lowering the voltage down to what it normally would be. Just a thought lol.

Thats what i was thinkin, i should try to get a quicker motor or somthing

vf-xx
10-04-2004, 08:54 PM

Not neccisarily. While I don't know about Rico's I'll relate my experiences with Warps. SOME warp boards can handle 18v, most can't. All of my warp boards can handle 12v. This means the motor spins faster than the standard 9v. Currently I run a 10.8v rechargeable because it lasts forever and spins just a tad faster than a 9v.

That said, you probably could up the voltage a bit, but I'm not certian.

Next on the list is the fact that I doubt spinning the paddles faster would do you much good. The Apache isn't a force feed IIRC. Spining it faster is just asking for it to become a blender.

skife
10-04-2004, 09:12 PM
basically your answer is:

If you want a faster hopper, buy one.
even if you did up the voltage a bit i doubt you would notice any sort of difference in BPS.