PDA

View Full Version : Dan Rather isn't the only one...

RoadDawg
10-04-2004, 02:23 PM
Well Dan Rather isn't the only one to do news about a candidate and not have it be real. Now it's Fox New's turn. Link (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20041003/ts_alt_afp/us_vote_kerry_media_041003210627)

Comments if any???

1stdeadeye
10-04-2004, 05:31 PM
So they caught him admitted it and reprimanded the reporter while CBS Denied, denied, denied and has done nothing to Rather. Yep, I can see the similarities! :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, the anchor versus a beat reporter. :rolleyes:

CaptaiN_JacK
10-04-2004, 05:36 PM
Lol, The Onion should recruit that reporter. The quotes were hilarious, but the thing is, I could actually see Kerry saying those things to get votes. I thought anybody could beat Bush, until Kerry came along.

It reminds me of a story last year I wrote for our school newspaper made almost entirely up of Zoolander quotes. It was a story on the Emo stereotype, and it was on a friend of mine that's also obsessed with Zoolander and thought it would be a funny story.

ZSigErik
10-04-2004, 05:42 PM
Lol, The Onion should recruit that reporter. The quotes were hilarious, but the thing is, I could actually see Kerry saying those things to get votes. I thought anybody could beat Bush, until Kerry came along.

It reminds me of a story last year I wrote for our school newspaper made almost entirely up of Zoolander quotes. It was a story on the Emo stereotype, and it was on a friend of mine that's also obsessed with Zoolander and thought it would be a funny story.

Can we see said story?

RevBrown
10-04-2004, 06:30 PM
So they caught him admitted it and reprimanded the reporter while CBS Denied, denied, denied and has done nothing to Rather. Yep, I can see the similarities! :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, the anchor versus a beat reporter. :rolleyes:

Preach on brotha man

Miscue
10-04-2004, 10:36 PM
I've disliked Dan Rather for years.

personman
10-04-2004, 11:10 PM
At least FOX came out and said admitted they made a mistake.

Restola
10-04-2004, 11:48 PM
Well Dan Rather isn't the only one to do news about a candidate and not have it be real. Now it's Fox New's turn. Link (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20041003/ts_alt_afp/us_vote_kerry_media_041003210627)

Comments if any???
lol@you for thinking that's comparable to CBS.

RoadDawg
10-05-2004, 01:15 AM
lol@you for thinking that's comparable to CBS.
Umm... did I say anything comparing this to CBS outside of Dan Rather's name? I just said that Dan Rather isn't the only one getting into trouble over stuff they shouldn't have done. It's nice to know that I've been stereotyped. Jesus H Christ.

1stdeadeye
10-05-2004, 05:29 AM
Umm... did I say anything comparing this to CBS outside of Dan Rather's name? I just said that Dan Rather isn't the only one getting into trouble over stuff they shouldn't have done. It's nice to know that I've been stereotyped. Jesus H Christ.

Not stereotyping you bro. It just shows how CBS should have handled the forged documents!

CaptaiN_JacK
10-05-2004, 07:49 AM
Can we see said story?

If I have time today, I'll retype it on the computer. Unless you're a big fan of Zoolander, you probably won't think it's funny.

Restola
10-05-2004, 11:43 AM
"Hitler isn't the only one...", followed by a link to a story about a bomb accidently hitting the wrong house in Iraq is a comparison.

The implication was fox is like CBS. The two situations are so different they shouldn't even be in the same conversation.

Try posting any comentary rather than just copy/pasting a link if you want to avoid confusion.

FactsOfLife
10-05-2004, 12:37 PM

Comments if any???

Hmmmm spoof article vs. serious journalistic new show...

I guess if you're a liberal I could see the similarities.

Interesting to note though, FOX immediately disciplined their guy, CBS stonewalled a la Watergate on theirs....

man the liberals are getting desparate

ZSigErik
10-05-2004, 01:37 PM
If I have time today, I'll retype it on the computer. Unless you're a big fan of Zoolander, you probably won't think it's funny.

im a big fan of zoolander.

GT
10-05-2004, 08:43 PM
Poor Dan,
He and I are brethren Alumni and the school we both graduated from has a building named after him for the RTV undergrads. He's a fellow bearkat but some of this stuff recently as well as the vietnam report he filed in '88 has made me doubt him. I gave him a bennifit of a doubt but now.....

RoadDawg
10-05-2004, 09:51 PM
Hmmmm spoof article vs. serious journalistic new show...

I guess if you're a liberal I could see the similarities.

Interesting to note though, FOX immediately disciplined their guy, CBS stonewalled a la Watergate on theirs....

man the liberals are getting desparate
Don't get me wrong. I think what Mr. Rather did was stupid and wished he would be punished for that stupidity. I just posted the link as just something I found kinda interesting. I'm sure stuff like this happens all over, which is part of the reason I don't trust what ANY TV news or Radio News program says without digging deeper then what they say. That is the first thing I learned about in my English class back in my first year of c. college. The two situations are similar in the fact that they both made up stories/distorted truth. Both should be punished, which I'm glad to see Fox did.