PDA

View Full Version : Question about Valve Anodizing- AGD...?

VR4SL
10-04-2004, 03:19 PM
I am wondering if it is possible to order a DUST RED X-Valve? (same red as seen on a Dust Red X-Mag) Or even better, would it be possible to send a valve in to AGD to be re-ano'd and have the serial number re-engraved? Cost?

Thanks,

ZSigErik
10-04-2004, 03:21 PM
very interested in the answer here.

VR4SL
10-04-2004, 03:26 PM
Cant very well sell the valve, as it came with an X-Mag. There goes the warranty...

VR4SL
10-04-2004, 04:16 PM
Hmm... well, since the Serial number is on the valve, and they wont warranty a Marker without a valve in it, that doesnt make sense? The new valve would not match, and the warranty would be dead. Without the original valve in hand, there is no way to prove how "old" of an X-Mag it is. Hell, couldnt even prove it wasnt a stolen one!

Tunaman
10-04-2004, 05:02 PM
I dunno what to tell you then. You cant have your cake and eat it too...as it pertains to Xmags. You would have to forget the warranty. Take the chance and reanno the valve then. Just have a competent AGD Tech do the disassembly and re asembly.

Titansu
10-04-2004, 06:28 PM
I don't think you should do it. You need some contrast in your color scheme. Dust red body, barrel, breach, feed, rail, battery, frame. Spice it up w/ gloss black valve, macro or braided hose (heat shrink), trigger, detent, grip panels.

It's like tighty-whities... toss those in the trash and get some lipstick or smilie faced printed boxers.

VR4SL
10-04-2004, 10:49 PM
TITANSU- My X is red to black fade, not all red. If the valve matched, it would be a true and complete fade.