PDA

View Full Version : Mag Rails...

toast181
10-04-2004, 06:40 PM
Ok... so here's the deal: I've got a smartmag, with a Benchmark .45 and a Benchmark foregrip. The other day, I found a Z-Grip, and bought it because I wanted something more ergonomic (and Z-Grips are hard to find). Upon taking it home, I found that I could not remove my foregrip from my rail... the screw had been overtightened or set in with super-loctite by the previous owner. Now, I pretty much have to get a new rail to use this grip that I'm set on, but AGD doesn't make AM/MM rails anymore. Would an Emag rail work for a classic mag, or do I have to get the tac rail?

vf-xx
10-04-2004, 06:51 PM
I do not beleive that an emag rail has the holes for a foregrip.

If you're going forgripless then I'd say your fine. Another option is an RTP rail.

toast181
10-04-2004, 07:14 PM
Hmm... could you enlighten me as to where I could find one of these RTP rails? Thanks...

Titansu
10-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Fragtek has them for $30... contact him.

rb211
10-04-2004, 08:16 PM
Have you tried heating the foregrip to loosen the screw? Enough heat will free the loctite so you dont have to get a new rail.

danheneise
10-04-2004, 10:14 PM
i don't believe an rtp or emag rail will work with a regular automag body. but i do believe roguefactors rails do support standard automag bodies if your willing to fork out ~$90 for one

Titansu
10-04-2004, 10:26 PM
i don't believe an rtp or emag rail will work with a regular automag body. but i do believe roguefactors rails do support standard automag bodies if your willing to fork out ~$90 for one

How do you figure? Before ULE bodies, everything had the stainless steel powerfeed/warp bodies?

TAW
10-05-2004, 02:13 AM
Can you drill down the bolt head with a 1/4" drill bit?

athomas
10-05-2004, 08:02 AM
First, I would try heat on the forgrip to see if I could remove the existing bolt from the forgrip.

An RTP rail will work but you will have to use a rtp sear assembly as well. A standard body has an elongated pim (the threaded piece on the bottom of the body). This pim would have to be filed round to fit in the round hole found in the rtp rail.