PDA

View Full Version : Viking Anodizing - Can this be done?

magmanl337
10-04-2004, 07:03 PM
I had a friend saying that if i were to buy a dust black viking, that it'd be impossible to get it anno'd. Below is a picture of what the final product will be. Its a present for my dad for when he gets back from fighting in the war on terror. The logos will be decals.
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=77786&stc=1

hAppy
10-04-2004, 07:05 PM
That would be very cool! I know Vikings have this "type III" anno which is almost impossible to strip. Try the pbnation AKA forum, they are VERY helpful.

ilikePB
10-04-2004, 07:08 PM
If the anno is type 3 that you are trying to remove it will void your warranty. This is mainly due to the fact that if the person stripping it isn't careful it can ruin the tolorences of the marker. Type 3 is very strong and hard to remove. You can get a raw body or one that is ano'd in type 2.

JimmyBeam
10-04-2004, 07:10 PM
omg.......cool idea, just....the broncos???!!!!

magmanl337
10-04-2004, 07:19 PM
yea jimmy, its for my dad, he loves the broncos.

JimmyBeam
10-04-2004, 07:21 PM
well to each his own. make sure you post pics if/when you get it done

jdev
10-04-2004, 07:22 PM
yes, it can be re-annoed.

contact destructive customs (info@destructuvecustoms.com) for more info.

last I heard they could do this, though, it could be a mistake and I wasnt supposed to ever mention it, and now alan, jared and wilkie have been dispatched to kill me.

RTDynaflow
10-04-2004, 07:25 PM
Problem is type 3, aka hard anno, is very difficult to remove. If I'm not wrong, you have to actually remove the sruface layer of metal to get it off. I could be wrong, as I know nothing about stripping annos and annos ion general. Just that if you want to have a viking re-annodized, don't get a type 3 in the first place.

Find a raw body.

ilikePB
10-04-2004, 07:28 PM
...and now alan, jared and wilkie have been dispatched to kill me.
They are already on their way... :p

Stealthgerbil
10-04-2004, 08:24 PM
you could probably get the broncos icon laser engraved onto the marker.

robdamanii
10-04-2004, 08:51 PM
omg.......cool idea, just....the broncos???!!!!

Hey, back off the Broncos.

barberjohn
10-04-2004, 09:10 PM
Problem is type 3, aka hard anno, is very difficult to remove. If I'm not wrong, you have to actually remove the sruface layer of metal to get it off. I could be wrong, as I know nothing about stripping annos and annos ion general. Just that if you want to have a viking re-annodized, don't get a type 3 in the first place.

Find a raw body.
i thought anodizing really was the top layer of the metal, just in an oxidized state.

RTDynaflow
10-04-2004, 09:17 PM
If there is something I know nothing about in PB it is annodizing. All I know is type 3 annos are hard to get off and even harder to find someone who will do it and then warranty the work afterwards.

I would *assume* it is a deeper oxidization then. :confused:

Bartman
10-05-2004, 12:20 AM
Magman,

you may still be able to get a raw body, I know DBNpaintball has a couple raw vikings left in stock. then you can get it anodized any way you like it .

That would be your best and easiest way to start offf going for this ano .

www.dbnpaintball.com

or

danvoils@indy.net

Drop him some mail eh.

Hope this helps,

Bartman